Now contains nuts.

Friday, September 02, 2005

Realisations of My Naivete

There has been about five different versions of this post. Most of them have been aggressive or angry, but I think I should just resignedly accept this little facet of my place in the paddling pool of life.

I wrote this a few days ago, but the news of getting an article published sorta superceded it.
----

Have you ever felt that you were right about something, only to be told that you were wrong? Are you then made to feel bad for being presumptuous, or suspicious or something along those lines?

However, later down the track you then discover that you were, in fact, dead-on right?

Have you ever had someone treat you like the gunk they scraped off their shoes, despite the fact that they were the ones in the wrong, and that they should be apologizing to you?

I have. A lot. There have been more instances other than these two posts indicate, some more recent.

It seems that people are so willing to protect their precious little egos, that they will fight tooth, nail, finger, knee, thumb and elbow to protect it, even if it involves degrading the character of an innocent party.

Normally, this kinda thing would sprout the most venomous of vitriol, reminiscent of some ochre waterfall cascading down a rock face and splashing heavily upon the withering and broken remains of those whom this is directed at, but… no, not today.

I’m tired. I’m fairly busy. And I’m getting used to it.

I mean, it is a little presumptuous of me to expect people to apologise to me when they screw me around, isn’t it?

I guess it’s a little naïve of me to think that people will take responsibility for their actions, instead of bullshitting some lame-arse excuse as to why I’m really to blame.

I guess I’ve been a little silly to have such lofty expectations.

Respect. Wow. Not until recently did I realize that I’m not actually entitled to any. I simply must remain as the peoples’ punching bag.

So the Inane Asylum has a deal for the first 50 emailers. You get to abuse me and tell me why I’m the person responsible for whatever it is in your life that is causing you anger, sadness or other feelings on the opposite pole of happiness.

I guess it’s what I’m here for.

If you see me in the street, walk up and punch me in the nose. I probably deserved it. If I punch you back, I’m in the wrong – such is my understanding of my lot in life.

People can lie and cheat me for a finite amount of time. If these people ever change their mind and think that what they’ve done is wrong, it’s not like they’ll ever tell me; Quite obviously I’m not respectable enough for that.

7 files below

Blogger littlefaeriegirl said...

*hugs* andy

xx

8:24 PM

 
Blogger Sherri said...

Bravo Andy! It's about time you took responsibility for all that is wrong with my life. I knew it was your fault all along. It's amazing how far your reach is. All the way from Australia to the US! Who knew you were so powerful?

12:03 AM

 
Blogger ChickyBabe said...

It takes a weak person to put the blame unjustly onto others. Only an admirable person admits to a mistake, accepts responsibly and apologises for their actions. And they’re the people who are respected. Most people unfortunately choose the easy way out.

12:28 AM

 
Blogger ChickyBabe said...

I meant to add, (I really shouldn't blog after midnight!) if these people are at work, expose them! If they're friends, that's a tough one...

3:58 PM

 
Blogger Dom said...

Show them it's shit by doing the exact same thing to them, serves them.

6:13 AM

 
Blogger Ms Smack said...

aw

people are such assholes.

I suggest a form of 'friendship cleansing'

Evaluate who is worthy and who is not. Its better to be alone more and enjoy the company,than feeling like your post suggests.

We break up with loved ones for going in 'different directons, irreconciable differences'

I also employ these reasons for friends.

Stand up for yourself. Tell them,
'actually no, its not ok, you're bugging me'

yes it takes courage, but you'll be stronger and more empowered for it.

12:00 PM

 
Blogger chica bonita said...

chin up, mate! *hugssss*

6:44 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home