Now contains nuts.

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Back In Print. Maybe.

After much absence from contributing to magazines, I decided to throw my hat into the ring and knock up a quick article.

It’s been nine months since my last piece was published, so I sincerely doubted that the editor would remember me, and subsequent discussions with other freelancers in Sydney didn’t exactly paint an optimistic picture.

The editor had always been most helpful with me in the past, and quite approachable considering the prominence of the magazine. I’d initially thought he would’ve been quite snobby, but I was wrong.

He was on holidays until today, and I didn’t think I’d hear back at all, but I just got an email from him, asking how I was going and that he’ll take a look at my article.

Still… that’s not confirmation of a published article, but if other editors are anything to go by, he didn’t have to reply at all.

Maybe this is the kick I need… I need to get writing again.

I cast my mind back to when my first article was published. Seeing my name in print had a certain… er… what’s the word… geez… uh… I dunno. Gawd… and I’m a writer???

It felt… good. Duh…

Until you realised that it was just text.

Meh. Either way, even if the article gets rejected, the editor’s simple gesture of getting back to me is a tiny piece of positive reinforcement that I should continue on, until I get published again.

Like I said before… one step at a time.

4 files below

Blogger chica bonita said...

isn't it ironic how things sometime turned out to be? more importantly, i'm just glad you've found your passion be it, career or future career wise: writing and getting a book published.

i wish i'd know what i really want to do and be given the opportunity to do so. when it comes to career, life has been a bitch to me.

5:28 PM

 
Blogger ChickyBabe said...

I never doubted your abilites when it comes to the written word. You certainly know how to use it to your best advantage.

Congratulations :).

6:03 PM

 
Blogger Sherri said...

Isn't amazing how a little consideration from someone can affect us? Good luck...I hope your article gets published. :)

9:25 PM

 
Blogger Kenneth said...

U'd come through, either now or tomorrow, but u will

5:09 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home