Now contains nuts.

Saturday, May 21, 2005

What Goes Around, Makes You Dizzy...

As I type this post, my ex is fluttering about the house, moving all the boxes of her crap into the car. She was two hours late earlier today, which was just typical of her. Firstly, I informed her that I was busy until the afternoon, but she said that her afternoon was full, so she wanted to come around in the morning.

So I called off a meeting with a client so that I was in the house when she arrived. She rocked up two hours late.

She packed her stuff up, and then went to her engagement. I stayed home to check emails and blogs and to maybe work a little more on the novel. Also, I spent a bit of time practicing how many times the word “bitch” could be mentioned in the course of a sentence without it becoming contrived.

It’s three times.

Later, she rang to say that she was coming over “now”, from a house that is a two minute drive away.

She turns up half an hour later.

It’s amazing that someone can even get the timeframe for “now” wrong. But she was never one for running on time.

I must admit that the reason behind typing up a blog entry that tears shreds from her is kinda like a bit of revenge for me. Hey, I’m only human.

Right before our break up, she would get incredibly defensive about me walking around when she was typing on her laptop. She claimed that I was being suspicious of her, when all I was doing was getting up to get a drink.

Naturally, I felt bad for making her feel as though I was intruding her personal space. In fact, she cited this as an initial reason for leaving me, ie I couldn’t give her space.

It turns out she was writing love notes to her boyfriend on her laptop at these times.

Bitch, damn, bitch, bitch… b… wait, that’s three times. Crap. Bitch.

Retribution Tourette’s aside, this is actually my little method of getting back at her. I know for a fact that my sister-in-law is aware of this blog’s existence, and I sincerely hope this manages to work its way back to the missus.

That’ll teach her to make me feel bad, even though she was the one doing something wrong.

I think that’s called “Karma” baby… heh heh… no wait, it’s “being petty”.

Meh… semantics.

This is hardly the most poignant, insightful or articulate of entries, but as I mentioned to another blogger… your words, no matter their quality, still capture your mindset at a single point in time. Words are the photos for the imagination.

6 files below

Blogger X said...

Words are the photos for the imagination.

Amen to that.

---X

7:34 PM

 
Blogger Sherri said...

I definitely felt your pain reading that post. You have a great way of articulating your feelings.

I hope things get better for you. Truly.

9:37 PM

 
Blogger ChickyBabe said...

And you still manage to find the perfect words to express the right emotions :).

Words may be the photos for the imagination but they're mightier than the sword you wave in your mind.

10:40 PM

 
Blogger Andy said...

Thanks guys. :)

I often have these little "spats" of emotion when it comes to the ex-wife. They don't last long, but sometimes they're enough to churn out some decent words.

6:58 PM

 
Blogger Kenneth said...

Ya the "hatred" or "despise" factor bout something or someone is that much more easier to translate into words because the flow is definite and continous

4:09 AM

 
Blogger cadiz12 said...

damn straight, andy. personally, i think you can get away with 'bitch' about 50 times in a sentence. but only if you mean it with the same emphasis on number 50 as you did on the first one.

and people who get overly defensive most always have something to hide. good thing you're done with her and her shady ways.

5:16 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home