Now contains nuts.

Friday, November 10, 2006

Like, you know.... whatever.

I have come to the conclusion that no one says anything anymore.

Listening to conversations in the Myer Centre Food Court (ugh) revealed to me that when others are recounting past encounters with people, they don’t actually tell the facts of how their conversation went.

Instead, they relate to others what the conversation was similar to, or alike to.

"She picked out this dress, and I was like, ‘Oh you’re not getting that’ and she was like, ‘it’ll so suit me’ and I was like, ‘Nuh, uh!’"

Truth be known, the “conversation” probably went along the lines of

Person A: “This dress looks nice”

Person B: “Yeah, it suits you”

Person A: “Aw, thank you!”

Person B then secretly has an inner monologue that represents their “in your face” attitude, and how they tell people exactly what they think. This eventually culminates into the full-blown belief that the conversation actually took place.

But that’s probably when the “like” part probably comes in. Sure, the conversation never happened… but it “similar” or “alike” to it. “Alike”, as in “Really Wanted To Have Happened, But I'll Say It To Make Me Sound Awesome.”

“So she went and bought it and was like, ‘this is so nice’, and I was like, ‘you’ve just wasted your money’ and she was like, ‘you’re just jealous because I’ve got a better body and no cankles’ and I was like, ‘Nuh, uh!”

Someone should tell these people that inner-monologue doesn’t count as an actual conversation.

Sure, we can embellish a little… but… wait, I can’t finish that thought.

Leave me alone. I would so, like, kick your butt.

5 files below

Blogger Steph said...

That convo would count as a deep and meaningful amongst my friends and I. :P

1:05 PM

 
Blogger ChickyBabe said...

Er... I'd leave an intelligent comment, like you know... nice post, whatever...

5:01 PM

 
Blogger jennifersando said...

Hehe. Love this post. Coolest thing I've read all day.

1:35 PM

 
Blogger Andy said...

Steph: Deep and meaningful is great... but as long as the conversation actually happened then it's all good :)

CB: You'd say that intelligent comment, and I'd be like, "yeah, but i'm so much smarter" and you'd be like, "Am too" and I'd be like "ya, real mature" :P

Jen: Slow reading day, eh?

2:07 PM

 
Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

If I had to say what cheezes me off I would say teenagers having one of them there conversations with every second word being "like"..like..get over it young'uns..didn't cha learn ya English at school proper or nuffin??? Sheesh..LOL.

12:27 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home