Now contains nuts.

Friday, September 09, 2005

Out of Brain. Please check back later

I cannot gather my thoughts. I think they’re out of season now.

Older men with younger women, but older women often don’t have younger men. Why? Right now, I don't want to conjecture. I'm probably wrong. I'm sure it has a lot to do with perceptions, security, maturity and a whole bunch of morons.

I was having a few beers with Chris from "Hello, Is This Thing On?" last night. Some women were standing and sitting near us. I got up to visit the men’s room, only to find my seat taken upon my return. I had to reach over the girl to retrieve my beer from the counter. She got off the seat, and I said something about how I “felt rude” to take her seat, only to be met with the scorn of her friend who must’ve misheard me.

Fuck off. I don’t have time for petty crap like that. You stole my seat. You were between me and my beer. Grave offense in my book.

This new job is draining me. I spend my entire day explaining things logically to people before they claim they can’t do anything, and that I’m not helping them right. I then tell them that I am trying to help them, and they say I’m not, so then I help them some more, solve their problem mere seconds after I die a little inside.

News.com.au reported that two women in Sydney were sacked by their workplaces after a catfight broke out… over email. As amusing as the transcript of the emails were, I couldn't help but think, “This is news?????????”

I have a wedding to attend tomorrow. I’ll be the guy up the back screeching, “You fools! What do you think you’re doing?! Stop now! Save yourself the pain!” during the ceremony. I’ll then be gang-tackled by the four large groomsmen and dragged out the church doors by my ears. By my ears, if I’m lucky.

My ex-mother-in-law works in my department. I got an email from her expressing her remorse at what happened, and that she hoped I was well. She’s a lovely lady. I wonder where it all went wrong with her daughter.

Coffee doesn’t always cure fatigue. I’m living proof.

Where was I? I forget. My train of thought has de-railed, and all I can see is a bunch of council workers standing around scratching their heads, wondering how the hell they’re going to get it back on the tracks.

I’m consuming an ordinate amount of alcohol lately. I should lay off it for a while. Damn mild drinking weather.

Hopefully I’ll have something with more substance in a couple days.

8 files below

Blogger cadiz12 said...

don't you just hate it when you're delighted to meet a perfectly wonderful mother and think to yourself: dammit, how the hell did such a jerk come from such a lovely person?

genetics. such a mystery.
have fun at the wedding, at least. someone should tell those fools what they're in for.

2:20 PM

 
Blogger Chris said...

That minor incident with the bar stool was a another example of peoples’ self-serving understanding of courtesy. The moment you stood up to go to the toilet, she pulled your stool over and parked herself on it. She didn’t ask if it was taken; she didn’t even look in my direction.

So I tapped her on the shoulder and politely told her that you might want your stool back when you returned. I didn’t expect an apology, just that she put the stool back. But instead she looked me up and down in the manner of a Ritz concierge addressing a guest who had just arrived attired in a tu-tu and army boots – clearly offended that I had dared to interrupt the exchange of grunts and squeals she was sharing with her friends.

Quite unfazed I returned my attention to my beer and she quickly huddled the girls together for a round of “Oh, puh-lease” and “Wha-ever”, before no doubt expounding more spurious office gossip.

When you returned, of course, she slowly and begrudgingly lowered herself from the stool whilst I fielded the slack-jawed stares of disdain from her friends. Now, call me a pedant if you will, but tell me why that exchange was necessary.

Hell, if I’d known she was going to be offended regardless of how polite I was, I could’ve just pulled the stool out from under her to begin with – thereby saving it the strain of supporting her sizable posterior.

4:20 PM

 
Blogger littlefaeriegirl said...

a 7 years younger than me boy is making me crepes on sunday night. he's french to. we've already said to each other that we arent the ones we're looking for (in full jedi style, i might add) but we're going to enjoy ourselves while we're here.
i dont know if that makes an older woman, younger man relationship, but i just wanted to brag about the crepes.

in my humble opinion, we should get drunk, find that stool stealing bitch and punch the fuck out of her

*hugs and kittens and rainbows!!!!*

4:34 PM

 
Blogger ChickyBabe said...

Whoa! That is quite a melange of a post, quite indicative of a mindset, I’d say. Sounds to me like someone needs some R&R instead of overdoing it. If I recall correctly, you were detoxing not long ago; coffee, alcohol, fatigue and irritability don’t sound too healthy.

Take care of yourself, Andy :).

10:46 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Chris, I definitely think pulling the seat out from under her to begin with should have been the way to go :D

7:59 PM

 
Blogger Andy said...

Yeah, considering that we had the audacity to politely inform them that they had taken my seat... I think yanking the stool from under her would have been quite justified.

But... y'know... they weren't anyone important. Anyone with half a brain would've at least asked if they could take the seat.

Damn people with less than half a brain.

8:34 PM

 
Blogger Ms Smack said...

Not THIS female. I'd insult her only from provocation but as a rule, I'm not a fighter...

I'd also defend a friend if they were mistreated

I'd probably defend myself if I was ripped off...

or, cut off in a lane.. so yeah i guess I'm feisty, not a fighter, and its not limited to women.

grr baby, yeah!

9:55 AM

 
Blogger Ms Smack said...

ok, slight deviation. I made a post about this somewhere in my archives.

1. I get pissed when I let someone into the flow of traffic, and they cannot lift a single finger to acknowledge thanks.

2. Christians that dont donate money towards food functions, but eat like there is no tomorrow. Not very Christian like, and I'm sure in the Bible, it does say 'be a scab'

:)

9:18 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home