Now contains nuts.

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Ten things Blog has taught me.

I think I’ve done a lot of self reflective things on this blog, in particular analysing blogging itself, which is kinda stupid when you think about it. I mean, why bother getting articulate about the medium?

You don’t hear shock jocks pondering over whether the fact that their face looks like the west side of an east bound dump truck (yes, I’ve used that analogy before, but I like it) prevents them from being any other form of celebrity.

You don’t see current affairs hosts waxing on about theories that their control over mass opinion sways the direction of Government policy, and whether their motives are entirely honourable. Sorry Ray, but you’re crap (Aussie joke).

So, I’m going to lay off blog… for a while… after this post… until next week…

But, if the blogs I read are entirely indicative of society as a whole, I can outline the top ten things I have learnt from Blog.

So without further ado, do, do… adah, dah, dah. Here is what I have learnt.

Out of all the college professors, the ones that are most likely to engage in a relationship with a student teach… wait for it… ethics.

That a picture of me is infinitely more interesting than Michael Stipe from REM.

That, if you wish to hide a picture of yourself, hide it behind a link that apparently will show you one of Freddie Prinze Jnr.

Interns are funny people. Pity that doesn’t apply to our office “trainees” over here. I wish blog was around when I was on my office traineeship (our version of internship).

New York is a wondrous place, despite the grime, people, buildings, restaurants, subways, smell, neighbours, nutbags and the Empire State Building. (To be honest, I will draw absolute conclusions when I see it for myself)

Being a teacher bites. Big time.

85% of society are writers, or want to be writers.

That guys on dating services are totally clueless.

Relationships when abroad are difficult, but enjoyable.

Canadians are wacky.


Well, that was fun. Who knows, I could totally rip off Letterman (or maybe Defrag) and do a Top Ten thingo regularly…

-----

I have had about 5 days of relative normalcy. I figured that something has been askew.

So I went down for one of my routine strolls along Henley Beach, which has always been good for witnessing crazies in the wild.

Nothing.

Apart from the drunken people who thought that walking along a thin stone wall was a top idea… but they weren’t disorderly… so that’s pretty tame. Hardly Inane at all.

What is wrong with this city? It used to be a veritable treasure trove of wackiness. I haven’t been approached by the bizarre, accosted by the odd, nor sold speakers out of the back of a van at 80 kays per hour…

Nor have I done something totally weird. I’m even letting myself down.

C’mon people. Work with me here! I can’t work under these conditions! I’m an artiste with a canvas, and I have no paint! Not even the sake that I’ve taken a liking to is kicking me into gear.

2 files below

Blogger Andy said...

The Grand, when it's open, has enough wackiness to pop that aneurism in my brain...

Me: "Excuse me, can I get through?"

Her: "You're cute!"

Me: "I really gotta go to the toilet... maybe you should drink more..."

But that was months ago...

10:43 AM

 
Blogger Andy said...

I didn't think that was limited to The Grand... that'd be any popular nightspot in Adelaide.

Although from what I've heard from friends, you were lucky that it was only your butt...

10:36 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home