Now contains nuts.

Thursday, April 21, 2005

Like Me, Like Them... Whatever

I look like someone else.

It’s a largely regarded belief that for every person on the planet, there is a twin of you, somewhere out there. Whether you believe this or not, is totally up to you. But if you don’t, I’m going to have to politely request that you fuck off. PLZKTHXBAI!!

Narrow minded jerk. Now where was I?

Oh yes, the twin. Or if you’re a particularly paranoid little vegemite, you have a doppelganger – the evil twin. The one that represents everything that you’re not. However, the definition of an evil deed is a largely subjective matter, but if your inclination is towards the homicidal area of the human mind, then I will have to ask that you too please fuck off.

*Sigh*

There have been a number of times in the past that I have been mistaken for someone else. More often than not, someone’s ex-boyfriend. One other particular blogger has also indicated my resemblance to an old flame, which is kinda concerning. She knows who she is.

My ex-wife once told me that I look like Freddie Prinze Junior, which gave me a warm fuzzy feeling inside. Funnily enough, that’s the same warm fuzzy feeling I get right before I want to slit my wrists and hop in the bathtub. But never mind about that.

I went through the drive-thru at McDonalds, ordered my meal and promptly paid with a smile. Upon proceeding onto the ethereal “next window”, I received the most awful, evil stare from the girl holding the bag containing my grease-food.

“What you did to [such and such] was really nasty. I hate you. I hope you fucking rot in hell!” she lambasted me before handing over the food.

I had no idea what she was banging on about.

However, I did double-check my food for any traces of foreign saliva. I didn’t drink the Coke…

I was once approached down Waymouth Street by a guy who claimed I looked like some other guy. He said that I could’ve been his twin. He gave me a name, and asked if I was somehow related. It didn’t ring a bell.

I once played tennis with a girl who claimed that I looked like her ex-boyfriend. I once had to telephone her to check if she was still available to play for our team, and I got her answering machine. Apparently her mother was screening the calls, and thought that this girl’s psycho ex-boyfriend was trying to call her again. My voice was practically the same as his, and I apparently looked heaps like him.

The ultra weird thing was that this girl also looked like my first ever girlfriend… weird.

It does seem rather strange that I have my twin(s) so close by. If not for the whole bizarreness of it all, but the way it seems to suggest that we’re all inbred hicks in this two-horse berg.

However, I am taking a different approach to these people who claim that I look like such-and-such.

“No I don’t! They look like me!!!”

Semantics, I know. But I’d rather think that people are similar to me, rather than me being similar to them. It’s an ego thing.

10 files below

Blogger iluvnyc said...

so... is it hard or easy to be you? :)

5:32 PM

 
Blogger ChickyBabe said...

*smiling*

These stories are really bizarre. How many twins do you have out there? But think about it, they are all evil twins. And you’re the good guy.

9:20 PM

 
Blogger Andy said...

Hi NYC, thanks for dropping by. In answer to your question, I seem to be going okay at it. You might need to ask Freddie Prinze how he copes, though... tell him I said hi :)

THanks Chicky. I'm sure they reckon I'm evil, too. You know one of my twins, so you already know more than I do about the numbers of me out there. I've never met any of them. I just hear about them.

9:57 PM

 
Blogger Kenneth said...

Hey Andy,
Past 2 posts were real nice.Uve got some talent (unhidden).i once had a girl tell me, "You remind me of my dog". That was not very flaterring to hear, although she loves her dog to bits. U'l read bout it in my next post.

I agree that relationships sneak up on u, just when u thought, "Man im ready for a fling!", and yeah the money and testicles dissappear too.

BTW, wats ur line of work?
Kenneth.

11:02 PM

 
Blogger Andy said...

Hey Kenneth. Cheers

Well, when I'm not a project officer for a publishing house, I'm a freelance writer who works in the occasional print magazine, my novel and miscellaneous articles.

SO yeah, I'm a writer, just like 85% of the rest of the blog world :)

11:07 PM

 
Blogger jazz said...

i have a twin out there too. actually people stop me all the time and say, "has anyone ever said you look just like..." and stop them and say, "chero oteri?" and they're like, "yes!!!"

but that's not my twin. my twin went to college with me. we had a sandwich shop at school and i went there one night and the woman behind the counter said, "back again?" i told her i didn't know what she was talking about. she was convinced that I had just been there buying food 5 minutes before. she wouldn't believe that i wasn't that girl. creepy

1:51 AM

 
Blogger chica bonita said...

i've never been told i looked like anyone and you're exactly the opposite. isn't that ironic? and fun i reckon! (chicky, i think he isn't the 'good' guy, he is just the lesser of the evil ones. haha :-p) now don't strangle me, i do like freddie prinze jr ok?

1:53 AM

 
Blogger Kenneth said...

Writin a novel, thats pretty cool....even playin with the idea of writtin a novel is cool.

4:14 AM

 
Blogger cadiz12 said...

i always get mistaken for other girls with my skin color and hair length. especially from the back. it's damn irritating because, unlike you guys, i don't actually look like any of them.

i have name twins (and my name isn't all that common), one of which went to jefferson middle school (i went to jefferson junior high school.) the worst was when i introduced myself to some guy at a party and he answered, 'wait. what's your name again? i think my buddy slept with you last weekend in the back room at some kegger.' this skanky broad is sullying my good name.

6:16 AM

 
Blogger Andy said...

Sorry Jasmine, I have no idea who that is. I did do a quick google search (on my WORK computer), and it came up with the results of “HOT, uncensored pics of Cheri [sic] Oteri!” Just the thing I need to have displayed on a work computer. I’m waiting for the IT boffin to pay me a visit.

Chica: who am I to judge? I just think he’s horribly miscast in the movies he’s in. Also, I don’t get the appeal. But I’m a guy, so that’s to be expected.

Cheers, Kenneth. :)

Cadiz: I have many name twins, too, due to my surname being one of the most common in the world. However, I can understand how the whole “From Behind” thing can be deceiving. But that’s because the person’s long hair mimics a friend’s hairstyle, and covers their face so you can’t get a decent glance. Besides, it’s a bit awkward to say “Sorry, your arse looked familiar, and I thought you were a friend of mine…” Hmmm… sounds like something to try, though. Slap!

10:18 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home