Now contains nuts.

Monday, February 28, 2005

Bitch About The Rich

Amazing.

I once went for a job as a web administrator. The selection process was fraught with many little irks and balls-ups worthy enough to be included in some Michael Moore documentary.

Well, even after I sent them a “concerned” email outlining my disdain for their selection method, and their dubious typing skills, they rang me and offered me the job... temporarily.

Obviously their primary choice has accepted the job, and then buggered off somewhere else for a while.

I told them I’d think about it... but I’ll probably decline. Mainly because if a section is dedicated to the construction and operation of a website, but cannot type a correct URL into a letter, then there are issues at play which are far too crippling for my mere meagre mind to comprehend.

So what’s in the news?

Crown Princess Mary… and some husband of hers.

Far be it for me to deride the lady, as she is obviously quite charming, well-spoken, and extremely sophisticated. Well, I figure you’d have to be if you’re going to land the biggest fish in Denmark.

I remember it being said (by the media, funnily enough) that the Danish Royals are extremely laid back, especially compared to the stiff-as-a-cadavar-tied-to-a-stobey-pole British Royals that we have predominantly been under. There have been stories of how they like to wander the streets, chatting to folks, buying beers, participating in a bit of a drinking competition* and basically eschewing any kind of royal conduct.

I can’t say for sure, but I wonder if they actually did that because there was never any kind of intense media scrutiny.

If that’s the case, then I plead with the Australian media, “Leave them the fuck alone!”

Because nothing stops you from going outside more than a whopping great zoom lens jabbed into your nose**. I can see the headline: Princess Mary Fails To Trim Nose Hairs. Frederick’s Eyes Begin To Wander.

But I’m sure there’s reader interest there. I mean, who wouldn’t be curious about how many suitcases and hat boxes Princess Mary brought to the country***?

I hope they enjoy their stay in Australia, although I’m sure it’d be more enjoyable without an entourage of journalists in tow:

“So, how’re you finding Australia, Mary?”

“Well, I’ve lived here for years, but I can say that it’s been really good. Everyone is so nice here. By the way, there’s no paper in this cubicle. Can you spare a square?”

* May be made up, but if true, you heard it here first
** I’ve heard
*** People who like to bitch about the rich need not answer

0 files below

Post a Comment

<< Home