Now contains nuts.

Friday, February 04, 2005

WYSIWYG People.

I have spent a rather large chunk of my life being the proverbial shoulder to cry on, the listener, the friend… good ol’ reliable, Aph. But now that my life has changed, I can go through bouts of depression, angst and anger. But, in a moment of inspiration, I figured that maybe should sit back and take some of my own goddamn advice.

ie Shut the fuck up, and deal with it.

To put things simply, and without going into too much detail, I have now entered the exciting, bright, all-singing-all-dancing, yet still intimidating and scary world of singledom. Whilst I know that to be welcoming of a new relationship so soon after one just ended is grossly imprudent, that knowledge still doesn’t stop this world from plucking out my eye-balls and headfucking me until the back of my skull aches.

To which I welcome back to my life the beautiful phenomenon known as “The Mixed Signal”. It can be a beautiful thing to behold, as it swings from one side of the spectrum to the other without notice, and with the flagrant and casual indifference of a wrecking ball.

I worked in IT for a while, and I found immense satisfaction in the use of WYSIWYG interfaces (What You See Is What You Get). Anything that required me to second guess what was going to happen on the screen frustrated me immensely, and often ended up with me putting the job off until tomorrow. Or causing me to utter curse-words under my breath, which probably didn’t go down too well with some of my more conservative colleagues.

In the case of The Mixed Signal, it suggests that what I see isn’t exactly what I’m getting, in which case it’s not worth putting off until tomorrow. Or the next day. Or ever. It suggests (to me at least) that there is much more going on in the other girl’s head than is immediately obvious, which (ironically enough) sends up a clear signal to steer well wide of this wrecking yard.

Screw you, Single World. I don’t wanna play your games. And give me my eyeballs back.

0 files below

Post a Comment

<< Home