Now contains nuts.

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

The lawn needs mowing, and i have my crayons

Hows that for a random title?

Would it be lazy of me to simply say how busy things are lately? Sorta why I haven’t been in touch with a friend or something?

Or is this the final acceptance that I simply cannot maintain this thing, and that I have lost the verve to keep it ticking over. This page reminds me of a lower class abode with car parts strewn haphazardly over the front lawn

It’s not that I’m tired of writing, either. I’ve been churning stuff out like a machine lately, taking notes and splaying words across the screen like a child with a clean wall and a huge box of crayons.

So… is this the “It’s not you, it’s me” line?

I dunno. Frankly, it doesn’t matter at the end of the day. The world continues to turn, everyone who isn’t me will remain a deluded tool, and the universe will snort as it wakes up and says, “Andy who?” before rolling over indifferently.

7 files below

Blogger ChickyBabe said...

If this is your farewell post Andy, it’s one of the best I’ve read and totally in concert with the tone of this blog.

Maybe you have found your calling elsewhere, and it is time to graduate to bigger and better opportunities to further your writing than a mere blog.

As one of your original commenters, I know that your writing talents will shine elsewhere, and the lawn will be greener than the colours of this blog. And if it’s not, you’ll always colour it with your crayons.

:)

6:32 PM

 
Blogger Ms Smack said...

Any news yet?

7:40 PM

 
Blogger jennifersando said...

Parallel... parallel... parallel...

4:57 PM

 
Blogger Zen Wizard said...

If you really are desperate for a topic, you could get one of those Extreme Trackers and do a post on the weird ways people get to your blog--I'm just sayin', that is a tried and true gap-filler.

(How steph ^ would be a good dominatrix is also a topic one could explore at length in prose. In fact, that might even make a good SERIES...)

10:59 AM

 
Blogger Kenneth said...

Hey Andy, hows it goin?
If this is ur farewall post (I hope not), then best of luck for the future, ur an awesome writer and i've enjoyed readin ur posts...
hope the turn of the year, brings u loads of watever u want
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

9:48 PM

 
Blogger Malnurtured Snay said...

How's this for a random title? "she raider boskle from Droodle Park to dantan Ballmer wither oz clazed"

10:40 PM

 
Blogger C.H. said...

A decade has passed since this post was published, and not a year goes by where I don't revisit your blog and reread some of your posts. In three years time, it'll be a decade since I actually discovered The Inane Asylum (when I was about 15), and encountered a writer whose wit and sardonicism became such a staple inspiration in my life. Ahh. Don't know if you'll ever read this. But thanks, and happy new year.

1:33 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home