Now contains nuts.

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Aries: Will travel. Stay clear of rats

It seems that whenever I find I’m getting my shit together, something new always crops up and changes all the rules.

I think I’m about to get a new job. How do I know this? My PC has been targeted for an upgrade.

I often stay with a job for an amount of time, labouring under the conditions that require me to whip the hell out of a PC that runs on either steam power or some rodent on a treadmill, only to find that the moment they provide me with steroids for the rat, I find another job.

It’s happened in the last, ooh, four jobs, I reckon.

So, my boss approaches me just the other day and says, “Your PC is pretty crap. Why don’t you have a flat screen?”

I reply with a “I make do with what you give me”

“Well, after our recent survey of computers we’ve found that yours is the oldest on the floor. So you’re tagged for a new machine”

Cue shock music. Dun-dun- daaaaaah!!

Curious, I turn my attention to the available vacancies going in the paper. There’s one role in there which looks absolutely perfect, has higher pay and fits my current penchant for travelling.

It appears that the stars have aligned again.

I must now prepare a future post which details how I bombed the application process, or how the whole procedure is crap, and how the stars should go fuck themselves.

Oh, and prepare a job application.

7 files below

Blogger ChickyBabe said...

It happens to Taureans as well, every time I start a new role, there is an office relocation. Or a restructure that doesn't affect my area but makes everyone nervous. Or both!

Sounds like you have a lot of writing ahead of you, so get to it! And start planning your travel :).

6:52 PM

 
Blogger Ms Smack said...

Good luck luv! When we got our new DELL Computers we didnt change our jobs, just the hardware and some software.

You know I recently took a risk by leaving the security blanket and it paid off for me. Give it a shot.

Oh, by the way, I'm a rat :)

9:01 AM

 
Blogger surfercam said...

Advice for the job interview:
a) Act like you don't want the job, then you will always get it.
b) Go to the interview tipsy. Try vodka so they can't smell it.

11:48 AM

 
Blogger cadiz12 said...

it sucks out there. all the best with finding something better!

6:22 PM

 
Blogger Steph said...

Good luck with the job hunt. It's funny how we look for signs when it's time to move on. :P

11:13 AM

 
Blogger jennifersando said...

Afternoon, bud. Sometimes the new shit that crops up is there to tempt and throw you off track. Sometimes.

And I agree with Surfercam's first tip. Retain your humility though. :)

2:38 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

you should at least infect the new computer with ugly viruses etc before you leave....

11:39 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home