Now contains nuts.

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Actual email I sent today

Hello

Thanks for your email. Sometimes it is good to hear about people you never see much of anymore. Sometimes

I hope you are going well, too. Well, I hope you are going well insofar that I don’t wish a bad life on anyone. I’m not that embittered.

However, we weren’t really friends all those years ago. In fact, when you weren’t fake smiling at me in a way reminiscent of how someone might look if they were trying to suppress gag-reflex, you were off bad-mouthing me to the more popular people in a vain campaign for inclusion.

I sincerely cannot be fucked with the idea that we should “catch up”. I think that pretending otherwise would be dishonest, and would serve no other purpose than to waste a few awkward hours – hours probably better spent doing something productive. Like scratching my arse, for instance.

That sounds like a far more invigorating use of my time than listening to you spout out your achievements over the past decade, just to convince yourself how much of a loser you haven’t become. I’m sure my life is of very little interest to you too.

So, I think I’ll spare you the effort you would need to muster to bullshit your way through reminiscing our “good ol’ days”. Chances are it’d only last two minutes before we’d awkwardly stare at each other and start talking about the weather.

Yes, I agree that it has been a long time. I think both of us would agree that it’s probably getting better as the time gets longer.

Take care

Andy

No reply yet

12 files below

Blogger Doll Face said...

If only I could do something like that...

My story: Last year bumped into a girl i went to school with, hug-hug... kiss-kiss... little what are you doing? Who do you still see from school? She asked for my number to 'catch up or have coffee sometime' i said 'who are we kidding, i'll bump into in the near future, lets leave it at that'

I love alcohol ;-)

4:56 PM

 
Blogger ChickyBabe said...

Interesting. I don’t know that it’s healthy to harbour this kind of ire for ten years. I can’t help but wonder who s/he is and what this person did to you… and I guess that's cynicism with the “Take care”.

Note to self: Never get on Andy’s wrong side.

10:17 AM

 
Blogger cadiz12 said...

do i smell a school reunion coming up?

4:46 PM

 
Blogger Steph said...

PLEASE, please send that email. Sometimes people just need to "be told" you know?
Evilish. I likey.

7:53 PM

 
Blogger Becky said...

wow. that is awesome.

11:34 AM

 
Blogger Ms Smack said...

wow Andy. Hitting the nail on the head eh?

Let us know how you go and um, if I ever get on your shit list, can you let me know prior to recieving this email because I might be able to apologise first.

6:28 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

would you do a custom order mail? i need a similar letter...

copious.

4:28 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I. Freaking. LOVE. That!!

10:32 AM

 
Blogger Andy said...

Natalie: Oh that's the best answer. Leave it to the universe :)

CB: This person was a conditional friend. Around only when they needed something.

Cadiz: Not a school reunion. But a reunion that would be similarly awkward.

Steph: It's gone. Can't get it back. No reply yet. Don't think I'll get one.

4S: Email is so impersonal so it was easy to send. I just ignore old schoolmates these days. I don't even fake it.

becky: cheers. But it was only an email. I wish I could've said it to their face...

Ms Smack: I prefer hitting nails in the face... hard.

Treespotter: Can do. Let me know the target. I charge extra for sending to Dubya... you know... high demand...

Mel: Cheers :) I hope to inspire.

11:04 AM

 
Blogger Kenneth said...

Nice way to "show some love", cheers Andy

4:59 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

no, this one will be personal, it'll be a domestic address for you, i believe.

PS: extra Oz vernacular will be appreciated.

9:57 PM

 
Blogger Loudlush said...

Will the email be a surprise (that you sent it, and the actual sentiment contained)? If I received something like that I'd take a long hard look at meself.

10:25 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home