Now contains nuts.

Monday, June 26, 2006

Protect me!!! Er... I mean us!!!

There isn’t a warning label on my office’s toaster which says I shouldn’t stick my tongue in there whilst it’s on! But, I really, really want my toast!!!

There are no warning labels on the knife set in my office that tells me to not poke the sharp things in my eyes. But I NEED to know how sharp they are!

Come to think of it, there’s nothing to stop me from throwing my chair through my 9th storey window and then additionally throwing myself onto the pavement below. Reason I would do this? Just… curious…

What about the chances of me walking along the street and then getting struck on the head by a falling chair and man that had just been lobbed out of a 9th storey window? There are curious people out there. I suggest that everyone in the CBD needs to wear a helmet in the street.

They should erect “helmet zone” signs across town, so that you know you’re in an area that requires a helmet.

Don’t forget “no helmet zone” signs which tell you that you are able to remove your helmet in safety. But there should be a clause on that sign that says that the council is not responsible for any injury possibly sustained while not wearing a helmet in a helmet free zone.

But what if I feel like wearing my helmet on my feet? There’s nothing to tell me WHERE I should wear my helmet. So there should be a “Wear On Head” label for that.

What if I trip and injure another part of my body? Surely a bulky helmet will make my centre of gravity higher (therefore making me more trip-prone)? I suggest protective clothing, from wrists to armpits and ankles to perineum. Or forget that. Maybe a full body suit, complete with cotton wool. While we’re there, lets wrap up everything else in the same stuff. That way we would bounce off everything and not get hurt.

What about possible mental anguish at having to wear these body suits? Fear not, they would all be coloured a nice neutral grey, complete with warning label informing to not remove the body suit under any circumstance.

That way, due to our ultra safe, constant-across-the-board measures and standards, we will finally be safe from ourselves. There will be no need to worry about anything, as nothing will ever threaten us, or in any way require us to change.

Or… we could use our fucking brains.

5 files below

Blogger reverendtimothy said...

Heh. That's why I went on a PR campagin last year to stick up fake OH&S Risk Assestment forms around my Uni to state the bleeding obvious (moreso than the originals, haha).

This came back to bite me in the arse, however. :-(

Which reminds me... I was gonna print up some more fake safety forms for my workplace, since I'll be leaving here at the end of the week. Heh heh heh. Where's that website with the Govt logos for branding again? Hahaha.

2:44 PM

 
Blogger ChickyBabe said...

Please provide safety instructions on how to use my brain.

2:55 PM

 
Blogger jali said...

We're supposed to use our brains? What happened to the memo explaining that to me?

5:22 AM

 
Blogger Andy said...

Rev: I remember that. Funny times. :D

CB: Instructions are usually printed on the inside of the skull. Those who need to read them are welcome to use any means necessary to find the instructions.

Jali: :) I know it'll be a change for some. We will offer counselling services for those of you who may need it during the transitional phase :)

1:15 PM

 
Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

Oh wow, you ARE INSANE...I like it!! Will keep posted on your ummm post then LOL

2:03 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home