Now contains nuts.

Monday, August 01, 2005

The Idiot's Guide to Flipping Switches

Just when I thought that I’d run out ways to conceal my writer’s block, and was contemplating writing a post about the new word I’d invented (It’s “Bludget”; n; the monies put aside by a company to account for bored procrastinators), I get tagged by ChickyBabe of The Chicken or the Egg.

What are my Turn On’s and Turn Off’s?

Well, here they are, if anyone was curious.

Turn On’s:

1. Women
2. See 1
3. See 2
4. See 3
5. See 4
6. See 5
7. See 6
8. See 7
9. See 8
10. See 9

Turn Off’s

1. Idiocy
2. More idiocy
3. Like this kind of idiocy
4. And that last one
5. People who think idiocy is funny
6. People who can’t laugh at idiocy
7. People who get “bought” and “brought” mixed up
8. People who can’t finish a list properly
9. See 8
10. See 9

Now that I’ve got that stupidity off my chest, I might actually get a bit more serious about the task at hand and reply to this in the true spirit of its intent. Oh, and if any of you think I’m deriding people who partake in the items in my “Turn Off’s” list, just note that I understand that it is the way you are, I don’t expect people to change… I just don’t behave like that.

Turn On’s:

1. The confident strides of a woman in heels
2. Women in pin stripe suits
3. Women who wear glasses are extremely appealing
4. The allure of what you don’t see
5. Long hair that drifts lightly away from the face as they walk
6. Clothes that accentuate figure
7. Sweet scents
8. Very little use of make-up
9. Large eyes that bore into you
10. Femininity

Turn Off’s

1. Loud discussions of sex in public places
2. Not taking “no” as an answer
3. Loss of self control due to intoxication
4. Bragging about said loss of self control as though it is some kind of brilliant achievement.
5. Refusing assistance when it is obviously needed
6. Interrupting during a discussion
7. Not listening to an alternate opinion (if differing) and assertion that their opinion is the definitive one.
8. Selective hearing ie only listening to one facet of what is being said
9. Asserting opinions of current affairs with little consideration of the many facets of the issue
10. Prejudice against other religions, race, sexual orientation, political factions, countries, cities and/or gender.

Isn’t it funny how the things listed in the Turn On’s are physical and visual traits, yet the Turn Off’s relate to someone’s personality, which has largely been formed from their environment?

Not very tolerant of me, is it? I guess that fits into that last one of my turn off’s. So there you go… I don’t turn me on. So I guess you can’t accuse me of being a narcissist.

But if I ever claim that it’s the personality that counts, you can cite this post as proof that I’m full of shit…

This is when I should nominate others to partake in this list, but I will follow X’s lead and simply leave it open to whoever would like to participate. I hate to think that I’m forcing people to write specific things in their blogs.

6 files below

Blogger cadiz12 said...

so which wins out if there's a pretty complete combo of rocking body/glasses/hair gently flowing with public intoxication/bragging/opinionatedness? do the turn offs trump the turn ons? or does it depend on the degree of *hotness*?

men seem simple, yet deceptively complex.

12:04 PM

 
Blogger Andy said...

Actually, the turn offs trump the turn on's...

I can't be with someone I find incredibly annoying for those "turn off" reasons...

12:10 PM

 
Blogger ChickyBabe said...

I better leave a comment since I am the person who “force(d) you to write specific things in (their) blogs” ;).

“Isn’t it funny how the things listed in the Turn On’s are physical and visual traits, yet the Turn Off’s relate to someone’s personality, which has largely been formed from their environment?”

No. We all know that men are visual, so that answers your question! Your turn ons are all physical attributes but your turn offs pack a punch. It makes me wonder whether you like to admire beauty from afar before it interacts with you. Maybe…

As for which attributes I fit into your lists, which is the way this game seems to be played, I can say that I agree with all of your turn offs. For the turn ons, I will simply say that my silhouette speaks for no 4 on your list; the rest can be left to your imagination.

Thank for playing :).

8:30 PM

 
Blogger X said...

Not listening to an alternate opinion (if differing) and assertion that their opinion is the definitive one.

Even worse than that are the ones who believe that any attempt at a discussion is a fight. Trying to get them to consider an alternative point of view results in them clamming up, crossing their arms and going, 'yeah, you're right. It's okay, just leave it. You're right.'

IT IS NOT A FIGHT. IT IS AN INTELLIGENT DISCUSSION. THERE ARE NO WINNERS.

---X

9:44 PM

 
Blogger cadiz12 said...

i don't get people who think the only way a conversation/discussion/relationship is only healthy is if there is no disagreement. there are plenty of very unhappy people who just don't speak up. it's disturbing. and boring.

3:54 PM

 
Blogger chica bonita said...

i think the last turn-offs point is very generalizing. i'll just say that, nothing is fair in life. it will never be. and that includes human nature. but then again, that's just my opinion. :-)

9:21 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home