Now contains nuts.

Monday, August 08, 2005

Brother... *sigh*

Whilst this topic may have been discussed ad-bloody-nauseum, I can’t help but feel that I must say something about an opinion article written today on news.com.au.

And people must know by now that news.com.au is one of my favourite whipping boys.

I must commend Sophie Marchant’s brash and shameless outing of herself as an avid Big Brother fan, as I know that many people hide their affection for the show behind the hoity-toity demeanour that the beast actually repulses them. However, I might merely suggest that she’s might've got the wrong end of the contestants' point stick.

Whilst some of them might actually go on this show in some form of brazen attempt to gain popularity in forging out a career in “the biz”, I cannot help but think that this really isn’t their overall goal.

I mean, where else can you get an all expenses paid trip to the sunny areas of Queensland so you can sit around drinking, playing games and basically acting House with a bunch of other, like-minded people?

People value experiential things more than material ones… so all in all, I think these contestants just want the experience.

The last time I checked, no other holiday agency offered the chance to live like a celebrity for the minimum of one or two weeks… and for free, except for a little cost to the dignity.

So why splash out all your hard earned cash on a trip where you have to watch your finances like an eagle on a field mouse, when you can have a TV network pay for the entire she-bang?

Why do touristy things when you can act like a complete tool, and then have a TV network practically thank you for doing so? You know, “Thanks for being a prick to that girl; the audience lapped it up like a thirsty dog at a dam. Here’s a car for your ‘work’, now run along.”

And the cost of entry, like I said, is the priceless surrender of your pride and dignity.

Is the value of an experience of a lifetime equal to what your giving up? Some say yes.

Big Brother: The Holiday for a New Generation.

Note: This post has been formed solely upon what I've picked up from news articles relating to Big Brother, and I haven't yet sat through an entire show for the past three seasons. Yes, that's right. I like Big Brother for the articles...

1 files below

Blogger chica bonita said...

i know someone who is dating his current gf just so because she was in last season's big bro.

S commented, "thank God i don't watch big bro otherwise i'll always imagining her naked" (she went naked on national tv. attention seeker. pfft)

6:57 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home