Now contains nuts.

Friday, June 17, 2005

Hiatus, Sabbatical… whatever

I leave for Sydney tomorrow. Should be a good trip. I’m driving a little car from Adelaide to Sydney, which sounds like total and complete fun, fun, fun.

Especially since the car is a rental.

I’m not averse to flying. I find the experience quite exhilarating actually. However, I must drive for a couple reasons, inane as they are.

For one, I must lug my brother’s 30th birthday present across this great big brown hunk of dirt - a framed, autographed jersey of my brother’s favourite Australian Rules Footy team. Thanks go to my ex-wife’s cousin who organised the Port Power boys to sign the wretched thing.

It won’t fit in any luggage, my family is paranoid it’ll get smashed on a plane… and basically… I just felt like driving.

To be out on the open road, surveying the countryside and being alone allows time to reflect, think… and maybe enough forethought to swerve around that errant kangaroo on the road.

They can really do some damage to your car, not that I know from personal experience. I’ve just seen some really bent cars after a collision with one.

And when you see a kangaroo that’s taller than you, it’s easy to understand why.

I should make it to Sydney in a couple days. The trip across the Hay plain will be particularly tedious (nothing as far as the eye can see… maybe the odd shrub), but when I get to the areas around Bathurst, it should become a bit more interesting. I’ll refrain from doing a lap around the Bathurst race circuit (it was an open public road the last time I swung through).

So yeah, the Inane Asylum will probably cool down a bit whilst I’m away. Considering the recent ire directed at my questionable taste in women, this news probably will be greeted with relative indifference.

The open road will serve as my muse over the next few days. My thoughts will drift over the previous couple months, my eyes will survey the beauty that this country possesses. It might even renew my appreciation for this isolated little land I call home.

We’ll see. You’ll see… when I return.

9 files below

Blogger chica bonita said...

whee!!! road trip. don't forget the to fill up your esky with beer ;-)

12:28 PM

 
Blogger cadiz12 said...

have a safe trip, andy! and watch out for the stray kangaroo.

5:09 PM

 
Blogger Kenneth said...

Have a crackin and safe trip

5:31 PM

 
Blogger X said...

Have a safe trip, Andy.

Due to the fact that you Australians are in the future, it's probably almost Saturday already over there. That never ceases to amaze me.

---X

5:56 PM

 
Blogger ChickyBabe said...

Have a safe journey and a wonderful holiday in my city. If the open road is to be your muse, here's to inspiration!

Look forward to your return :).

7:13 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Have a safe drive and have a great time with your family :)

8:33 PM

 
Blogger Sherri said...

Have a great time Andy....we will all anxiously await your return!!!

4:38 AM

 
Blogger jazz said...

had i knowd you'd get so defensive in my disliking the dunst girl i would have kept my mouth shut! i'll censor myself next time.

drive safe

1:20 PM

 
Blogger Andy said...

Thanks guys

Arrived safe and sound! Just logging on quickly. to answer some emails and stuff...

Jasmine, please don't sweat it :) Sorry if I got a bit carried away. :) Didn't mean to offend. :)

7:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home