Now contains nuts.

Thursday, June 09, 2005

I failed myself last night...

I saw her across the room, her plumage drawing me, grasping my attention. She was a fiery redhead, with pale skin and an amber skirt.

Just from glimpsing at her, I could ascertain a couple things. She was bad. Like all things bad, she was addictive. I could tell it from the eyes of her company, and the glazed look in his eyes when he kissed her, drew her in and exhaled pleasantly.

Jitters started in my hands. I could feel the compulsion coming on. It had been so long.

I closed my eyes. Blinking hard in an effort to get her out of my mind. But the jitters wouldn’t go away. I just had to walk up and give her a kiss.

Shaking my head to try and expel the evil thoughts from my mind, I call upon all my resolve to refrain from giving into my weaknesses.

Her plumage danced above her fiery top, a blue halo, swirling in temptation.

I couldn’t take it any longer. I just had to go up and ask.

“Mate, can I bum a cigarette?”

I failed myself last night.

8 files below

Blogger Jenni said...

I hope you've seen those television commercials where they proceed to cut open a lung and this black molten lava gunk pours out and then flows out into the person's ear and into their blood system, making them dance the hokey-pokey, mixed with the macarena, and thereby embarassing themselves beyond belief on the local retail strip.

I mean, ah you shouldn't have.

11:29 AM

 
Blogger jazz said...

you go for redheads with cleavage, huh? in reality...who doe'sn't go for redheads with cleavage. you're an excellent writer. i was there with you...

12:59 PM

 
Blogger cadiz12 said...

it's a slippery slope, andy. climb back before it's too late.

4:41 PM

 
Blogger ChickyBabe said...

Another example of Andy’s sheer writing brilliance. Is it my imagination, or are you outdoing yourself these days?

But I never figured you the type for a fiery redhead! I knew there was a catch…. :)

7:00 PM

 
Blogger Andy said...

Jen: Yes... and thanks. I now do not need to cook dinner. Ta. :)

Jasmine: I'm a red blooded, hetero male... oh, the question was rhetoric ;) And thank you. I'm humbled.

Cadiz: It had been four weeks. I gotta climb back up. If it was any consolation, I felt ill afterwards.

CB: Thanks :) Although anything with a bit of spunk (and cleavage, thanks Jasmine) has me wrapped around their little finger.

8:01 PM

 
Blogger Kenneth said...

well written

11:42 PM

 
Blogger Kenneth said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:42 PM

 
Blogger chica bonita said...

you also forgot to mention that she is very pretty. :-)

12:21 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home