Now contains nuts.

Saturday, May 07, 2005

Freer than you...

When you go through periods of change, you begin to notice how some
things can be somewhat related to you.

At the moment, it's the Nina Simone song, Feeling Good… that in turn
was popularised by the best live band in the world today, Muse.

Naturally, I have no idea what Nina was thinking when she did this
song, and I may be totally missing the point of the tune, but really…
this is what I get from it at this point in time, so if anyone is
going to outline my bastardisation of the song's intent… fuck you.

The song is speaking to me now, and this is how I speak back to it…
and to those who have impacted negatively on me. I don't think anyone
needs to guess who I'm talking about.

Birds flying high
you know how I feel
Sun in the sky
you know how I feel
Reeds driftin' on by you know how I feel


The freedom provided by my new life feels refreshing and vibrant. With
the one departure comes new arrivals. With nothing holding me down, I
can fly high in the bright sky, feel the wind upon my face and feel
the worries that once troubled me fall away beneath me into
insignificance.

Fish in the sea
you know how I feel
River running free
you know how I feel
Blossom in the tree
you know how I feel


As I scrape away the deadwood on the outskirts of my life and discard
them into the embers in front of me, I watch the curls of smokes dance
playfully in an amusing manner before climbing out of view. In the
deadwood's place lies fresh green branches upon which a new life will
start, but now the roots are stronger. Stronger without you.

Dragonfly out in the sun
you know what I mean, don't you know
Butterflies all havin' fun
you know what I mean
Sleep in peace when day is done
And this old world is a new world
And a bold world
For me


As a Tom Thumb in front of giants, a new life looms down upon me as
though I am a foreigner in a strange land. Yet you still flutter
oblivious to my turmoil, darting amongst a group totally familiar. You
feel the warmth of the typical, blissfully ignorant of the dank
underbelly that you created.

I stand up to those peering down upon my diminutive figure, staring
directly into their eyes. I will not be a victim, but will instead
buzz around with my own thing. The new world is bold, but I am bolder.

Stars when you shine you know how I feel
Scent of the pine you know how I feel
Oh freedom is mine
And I know how I feel


You can take your life. You don't know any different, nor will you
learn until it is too late. I know how I feel, and I don't wish anyone
to endure what I have. But until your grand trunk is severed in a
spectacular swipe, and the stench of your pain fills our nostrils, you
will never learn to shine like I do.

It's a new dawn
It's a new day
It's a new life
For me
And I'm feeling good


I have control over my life. I do not need to consider anything in my
actions anymore. This is mine.

Freer than you…

Definitely. Definitely freer than you.

3 files below

Blogger ChickyBabe said...

A highly poignant translation yet lyrical in nature. Extremely powerful post; it’s got my emotions on overdrive tonight.

*You* continue to shine, Andy.

9:04 PM

 
Blogger jazz said...

nice. very nice.

2:02 PM

 
Blogger chica bonita said...

beautiful :-)

7:09 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home