Now contains nuts.

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Apologies, In Advance...

In this world of the Inane Asylum, I come across a variety of people, each with their own story to tell, each with their own experiences from which to glean wisdom. If, when conversing with these people, I find some kind of parallel between some of them, I quickly identify a “trend” and then bang on about it as though it’s “fact”.

Which raises some eyebrows, I’m sure. Fr’instance, three people with the same problem does not necessarily a trend make, but in the world that is my blog, it does.

N’yer.

I speak to a lot of people, in that I know a lot of people. I don’t just strut up to strangers, introduce myself and start conversing with them at length about their relationships and what not.

No, cos that would be weird.

I seem to have stumbled across a parallel between someone’s looks and the types of relationships they have experienced. Naturally, this being my little world, I will converse at length as though this parallel is indicative of society as a whole, and will subsequently disregard other people’s experiences because they are “isolated cases”.

‘Cos that’s not weird…

I have expressed in this blog previously that I pity the female of our species. This, of course, is regardless of whether females want my pity, and believe that I should shove said pity into an orifice normally reserved for exiting. Sorry girls, you got it anyway.

Preach empowerment, independence and male oppression all you want, I don’t care. You’ve got it rough, and everyday I am thankful for my nads.

Anyway, this little parallel I’ve drawn relates the conventional beauty of a female with the number and/or types of abusive relationships.

Guys who prey upon the beautiful women are usually sharp, charming and able to hide any characteristic shortcomings quite easily… until they snare their victim. It seems that more often than not, these guys are also quite explosive, manipulative and parasitic (which are, funnily enough, traits of a psychopath).

As they are so adept at charming, they often appeal more than someone who is, say, less explosive, manipulative etc.

However, it is also the nice, genuine guys that might have the little “random beautiful woman” shrine in their house, and go about stalking… so either way ladies, you’re fucked.

These superficial manipulators often overlook the less-than-conventionally-beautiful women, mainly because… well… they’re superficial. In turn, it’s the less than conventionally beautiful woman (the ones I know, at least) that have the more genuine, and least abusive relationships.

Advice to all you lookers out there: try going out one night without being dressed up to the nines. No makeup, no teasing of hairs. Wear long, modest pants and a loose fitting shirt. That’d make sure the crazies don’t come pinch you on the arse.

Hell, I won’t talk to you…

Actually, come to think of it, you’ll still probably attract the wrong kinda person. So I reiterate: either way, you’re all screwed. Curse your beautiful features to hell, and good luck with life, okay? Bless.

Wow… what a broad generalisation. Fuck. I’m going to offend someone, one day.

Disclaimer: The Inane Asylum is not responsible if anyone somehow thinks that this is related to them. If you have taken offence, believe The Inane Asylum when they assure you that The Inane Asylum is not talking about you. Really. Also, The Inane Asylum is aware they should not cast sweeping generalisations… blah, blah, blah… small cross section of community… blah, blah, blah… no qualification of any kind, except that small certificate from radio school and the “pen license” from third grade… blah, blah, blah… no correspondence will be entered into… blah, blah, blah… restraining order on you if you do take offense…etc. Fuck off, pansy… blah, blah, blah…

3 files below

Blogger ChickyBabe said...

Damned if we do, damned if we don't. In my next life, I want to come back as a man...

9:29 PM

 
Blogger jazz said...

but the thing is that i'd put myself in the middle group. the, not halle berry, but not ugly category and i haven't been on a real date in ages. you leave women's fauts out of the equation. when you factor it in, you see that sometime when the nice guy comes around...the really good one, the woman blows him off because he's seen as too shy, a pushover, not edgy enough. women have some control and women make their mistakes too...

12:09 PM

 
Blogger Andy said...

Thanks guys. I was really hoping someone would disagree with me, and thank you Jazz. :)

It is easy to not factor in women's faults, mainly because in the case of most relationships, it is the male who instigates contact. A good looking female is inclined to be somewhat choosy over whom she hooks up with... and lets face it, she is more appealing to a larger group of people than a "plain" girl.

But it depends largely on whom you place the blame;

To cite the example you provided of the nice guy, a potentially abusive partner can quite easily mask any faults during the initial "courting" phase of a relationship, and when the girl has become accustomed to him, the true colours come out... by then she is too scared to leave him.

So, is it the woman's fault she was duped by someone cunning, or is it the male's fault for being the charming, yet sinister little psychopath?

Or have I missed your point? :) I appreciate the extra point of view you provided, though :)

I will digest this further, and maybe try to tackle your argument again :)

1:09 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home