Now contains nuts.

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

The Blogonomy

I have been a very bad blogsumer, I admit. People come to my little wacko corner of the Internet, tolerate my random musings, and yet… I still don’t comment on their blog.

So I feel I am not contributing to the overall blogonomy and the forces that drive it. You know… you comment here, and you get a comment back.

I don’t mean to be rude, and I surely don’t wish to appear as a bloglitist (a derivative of elitist), however sometimes I am overawed by other people’s blogs, their subjects of choice and how inane mine seems in comparison.

Yes, it is inane to compare yourselves to others, and people shouldn’t do it… but hey… read the freakin’ heading of this blog. This place is inane. You should be used to it by now.

So, without further ado, I am going to do a communal comment for everyone in the right column, as well as some new names that have cropped up recently. Bear with this… I can’t be stuffed doing the HTML links because I’m lazy, and it’s late-ish right now. Also, my comments may not pertain to your most recent post…

Chris from Where’s The Gravy: Hope you’re still having fun gallivanting around the UK, you lucky bastard. Pub Epiphanies has now changed hands, although I must admit to not having gone there much after you and Karen left. Remember to not offend the locals, and… as always… Go Fuck Yourself (in-joke).

Honeysmack from Smack Dab in the Middle (formerly Idle Thoughts and I haven’t been screwed updating the links): Don’t become jaded about writing. Sometimes we have time for it… sometimes we don’t. It’s a great outlet for times when we’re simply pissed off. Remind me to wave when I see you in the street.

Chica from Moi World: Shopping is what drives the economy, not to be confused with the blogonomy. Shopping involves cash, which is a valuable commodity… my comments, incidentally, are worth squat.

CB from The Chicken or the Egg: Oh yeah… I still comment on your blog every now and then. Either way, after all these months it’s good to see you’re still pervin’ on.

Petstarr from Blandcanyon: Your apparent dislike of Kim Cattrall ranks highly in my book. I like the new layout, however for someone who watches too much TV there is a notable lack of any kind of Big Brother hearting and/or hating. Unless I’ve missed it…

Andy from The Hanging Stranger: You don’t comment here… and you don’t link back here. You’re still a funny fucker.

X from October 4th: Ever since you guys won the ashes, I haven't been bothered going to some poms blog. Nah, just kidding. I don’t give a shit about cricket (why would I when we lost?), and I have to add that your style of writing is impressive.

Carly and her small room: Hope everything is okay. Although I confess to not being a huge fan of Augie March… and it’s somewhat funny that I keep seeing the bands name pop up… and Portishead for some other random reason… but a girl I was training with the other day had an Augie shirt. She must’ve gone to the gig.

123 I Love You: I look forward to reading about your killing spree one day soon.

Raridayrar: Another one who doesn’t comment here, but is still insanely funny… er… Unless your blog is about how the people around you are so absurd that you are actually sinking into a psychological oblivion, then I don’t find you funny and I sympathise greatly with your plight.

Lizzie from GSH: Don’t go hurting yourself too much more. That sounds terrible. Er… don’t injure yourself. Oh.. that sounds worse.

Kenneth from Definitely Maybe: Dire Straits is not great music to listen to when you’re in solitude. Oh wait… It’s not great… period. IM not so great O.

Cadiz: I am really slack for not commenting on your blog. When dealing with any kind of public department (ie Government) simply write a letter to your congress-person. It gets results every time… well, it does in our lovely little democratic hovel we call Australia.

4S: You’ve moved on. I hope life is well :)

The Soda Fountain: I’ve never commented your blog, and you’ve never commented on mine. Your link in the side is a source of bemusement for me, however I leave it there as a reminder of the follies of willy-nilly linking. Your blog is at home there and to not have it there would make it look empty.

Sherri: Another one I have been slack with. My apologies.

Krystle: I know you’ve changed your blog name… but I will leave the original name there cos I think it quirky and amusing. Yes, that’s right it really has nothing to do with my being slack. Really.

Jen: You’ve unlinked me. A sign of my failing to upkeep the blogonomy :)

DDC and Andy from Neutralising the pH level: On a scale between one and random, your blog is a fridge.

Mel: Another internode user, eh? I’d try having LAN with you guys, but I’d probably get pwned.

Steph: I too have someone to hug when I feel down. Mr Johnnie Walker has been a help lately, but just the other day I decided to go without for a while. Overall, I’d have to say that you’re a woman after my own dementia. :) And I mean that in the nicest possible way.

Auburn: I’ve been slack here as well. I hear my shares in the blogonomy are dropping due to poor comment projections.

The Rev: Stop stealing my clients. I know where you live… well… it’s Adelaide. I’m bound to know someone who does…

Jennifer: Your writing leaves me astounded sometimes. That is all. Oh, and say Hi to Anthony for me.

UTR (Andy) from 400 Days: You lucky bastard for having lived in Japan. I am forever envious… until I remember that you’ve had to eat their damn Japanese pizzas. Sorry for the reminder of how Australia is the “Best” place on Earth, but I guess reality bites hard. Sorry to be the harbinger of frustration.

Zzymurgy: Your having commented here surprises me, especially since your blog reeks of the awesomeness to which that Chuck Norris can only aspire.

Karen Little: Thanks for commenting here. I see from your blog that you’ve been subject to the awful phenomena that is the meme – the biggest comment killer of them all… Well… they are around these parts of teh intarweb.

Jackt: My firefox started playing up trying to access Sucky Blog… but from what I’ve read (from work), it is hilarious. I’m afraid the best contribution I can make right now is “Yes. Yes indeed. That does suck”

Geoff: I too am on the road to recovery after suffering many footy injuries and the like. It feels good to be able to sit down cross legged again…

SO there you have it. Sorry if I missed anyone. Feel free to remind me in the comments section below. Keep the blogonomy running.

14 files below

Blogger X said...

I was going to say something meaningful in my comment, but my mind was unexpectedly blown by the fact that it's already Tuesday where you are.

---X

6:13 AM

 
Blogger littlefaeriegirl said...

aw, thanks andy

*hugs you* *vodka bottle hits johnnie walker bottle and spills*

shit

pub?

9:36 AM

 
Blogger Kaufman said...

You didn't exactly "miss" me. You threw me into a cast I do not recognise. I believe Neutralising... was the work of DDC and BT3. I could be wrong.

My blog name = Andy Kaufman's Hair. Like Under The Radar, I'm a resident of Japan. At least for another 65 days.

Peace.

3:49 PM

 
Blogger reverendtimothy said...

Hahahaha. I'll stop stealing your clients when you actually start your business, ok? :-P

I know where you work! Haha.

3:57 PM

 
Blogger Andy said...

Andy k: Sorry... i don't know what the hell i was thinkin'

7:11 PM

 
Blogger jennifersando said...

I went to write: No I didn't! You're there -- under ADELAIDE BLOGGERS. But then I rechecked and thought that maybe I am Jennifer, rather than Jen. If so, I'll tell Mini that you said Hi. Never did reply to your last mail, did I? Expect one soon, k?

8:47 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Don't worry, the Rev doesn't link to me anymore either, it's so easy to slip out of the blogonomy thingo

10:37 PM

 
Blogger ChickyBabe said...

And good to see you’re still pervin’ on me from time to time! :)

10:44 PM

 
Blogger cadiz12 said...

thanks for the shout out, andy. :) somehow i think if i write a letter, it'll just get fielded by that same stupid guy. i'm just going to stay out of his neck of the woods.

7:54 AM

 
Blogger PetStarr said...

Aww, thanks for the words of love. If only we could all unite in our hatred of Ms Cattrall, the world would live in peace. And as for any Big Brother related rants - meh. I don't watch it enough to comment. Except to say that that Michael is a wanker.

1:37 PM

 
Blogger Ms Smack said...

Hey honey. I did see you in the mall the other day but it looked like you were on a mission and meh, I dont mind if you dont say hi - i'll live :)

I've had a couple of nights under Geoff's ownership of the FAD bar. Its not Andrew and Jacinta, I know, but its not bad. He does this great lamb/hummus dish for 4 bucks - try it. I'm there every second Thursday night if you want an excuse to drop in for a pint.

thanks for the shout out !

11:03 PM

 
Blogger Jeff said...

Willy-nilly linking, you say? Hmmm...I don't know whether to feel honored or just weird about this.

Well, thanks for the link. And should you feel so inclined, I certainly welcome you to comment on The Soda Fountain at any time.

1:50 AM

 
Blogger Steph said...

That's the best compliment I've receieved in some time.
Is it wrong that i got a little moist reading that?

1:35 PM

 
Blogger Kaufman said...

No need to apologise, mate. My death list is in reverse alphabetical order anyway. ;)

PS You may wish to extricate neutralising... from your personal links.
PPS Read that last part again.

2:25 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home