Now contains nuts.

Friday, June 09, 2006

5 songs

Okay Steph. I’ll do your meme. :)

But, how do I go about this? Do I live up to my music snobbery and find some relatively obscure music references to simply outline how fucking al-ter-nah-teev I am? Also, do I apply some kind of hoity-toity sounding interpretation to make it fit me?

1. In Love – Ben Folds feat. William Shatner
2. Any Day Now – Elbow
3. Purple Haze – Kronos Quartet version
4. Sweet Charity – Mr Bungle
5. Fear of Pop – Ben Folds

Descriptions
1. Not a love song, but rather a dialogue of Shatner’s mind as he spins the tale of his latest conquest.... a cynical inner dialogue, mocking the previous conversations and events with his last woman.
2. A cold, haunting track with tones of longing. Looking to the future and hoping it would hurry the fuck up.
3. A disturbing interpretation. Like me. Disturbing.
4. A song constantly changing pace. Lacing interludes of calm with spats of aggressive vocal work.
5. I am afraid… of pop. So it’s apt. Really.

Or do I take well known song titles and apply them to me?

1. Everything About You – Ugly Kid Joe
2. One – U2 (or Metallica, depending on what floats your boat)
3. Betterman – Pearl Jam (Or John Butler Trio… depending again on floatability)
4. Midlife Crisis – Faith No More
5. Bring Me To Life – Evanescence

Descriptions:
1. Lyrics: I hate everything about you… writes itself, really
2. I am one. One person. One world. One me.
3. I strive to be one… a better man…
4. Well, there was a time when I did wonder about my mortality. Funnily enough, it was during a time when I was married. Pity I don’t have a convertible out of my crisis though.
5. A song about someone bringing someone to life... metaphorically… Well… I’m still waiting.

Or maybe I just go with songs that generally speak to me…

1. Nightswimming – REM
2. Throw Your Arms Around Me – Doug Anthony All Stars version
3. Her Small Mouth – Big Heavy Stuff
4. Stockholm Syndrome – Muse
5. Feeling Good – Nina Simone… or Muse again…

I’m not providing descriptions for these. If you’ve heard the songs, and if you know me in any way, you’ll understand.

3 files below

Blogger Ms Smack said...

Ah, a collection of fine tunes, I agree.

I have only recently downloaded the video from "One" from the "And Justice for All" album from Metallica. Brilliant clip, brilliant song.

Thanks for the flashback.

9:23 PM

 
Blogger reverendtimothy said...

You've instantly got my vote with Mr. Bungle.

Fact: I've listened to Disco Volante at least twice a week since the beginning of the year (when I bought my second copy of the CD in Queensland so I could listen to it on the drive home).

That band could've taken over the world. *sigh*

1:53 AM

 
Blogger Steph said...

Very cool. :) Thanks so much for explaining your song choices, some of the songs that were left on my blog in comments, left me wondering.

12:34 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home