Now contains nuts.

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Quick photos

I gotta do this quickly. I'm at work.

Let's get the cliche out the way. Here's Fuji-san. What you don't see is a group of teenagers behind me, who eventually plucked up the courage to ask if they could have a photo with me... I obliged.



This was Chateau a la Andy for the first week. It's the building thats a bit taller than everything else. It was quaint.



This is a view of Noda, from the train lines. From looks, you'd think that Japan was made up of impoverished people. I guess that's for the people to define...



This was my house of study. It was a good way to spend the first week.



And the inside...



Some of the gardens were immaculate...



Me at Ayase station, waiting for a train after a hard night's... training...



Akasaka at night. This is the city I stayed in for the second week.



Palace Gardens in Tokyo



A sign that instructs to not smoke in the building. Next to it: A cigarette vending machine...



Harajuku girls... apparently they're "in character", so they're not doing the V symbol. I think they didn't liked being stopped in the street by a weird westerner with a crazy accent.



Well, there's tonnes more... but maybe when I get time...

13 files below

Blogger Steph said...

Great pics Andy, how cute are those chicks!! Love the evening shots of the city too.

2:07 PM

 
Blogger ChickyBabe said...

Good photos, Andy, keep them coming!

I would imagine no photo could compare to the thrill of seeing Mt Fuji in front of you.

The girls don't look that impressed, or is that "in character" too?

3:35 PM

 
Blogger Andy said...

I've been informed that the expression on their faces are part of the characters they're playing...

however, i just think they didn't want to be stopped by a camera wielding tourist.

3:44 PM

 
Blogger X said...

My favourite is the "NO DANGEROUS GOODS" sign. Like I'm going to walk in, see the sign and be like "oh shit, I forgot to take my dangerous goods out of my shoe. I'll be back in a second, guys."

---X

6:00 PM

 
Blogger reverendtimothy said...

That's awesome! :-D

10:17 AM

 
Blogger Andy said...

X: the extra funny thing is that the photo was taken at 52 floors up from the ground.

So you'd have to walk in, go up the elevator for half an hour, see the sign... and go "Oh crap... sorry! My bad!"

11:21 AM

 
Blogger jennifersando said...

Andy, that's a nice collection of snapshots. Really interesting subjects. Love the first shot of course. And the Harajuku girls (very sassy hehe) as well as the palace garden. And look at you, all dark and mysterious...

11:43 AM

 
Blogger cadiz12 said...

great pictures, andy. mt. fuji looks amazing. so you were too pooped to hit the nightlife or were you too far out of a big city?

7:14 PM

 
Blogger Andy said...

Cadiz: I did spent some nights out, but I just quietly sat at some bars with my notebook, and humoured some people who wanted to test their english. Yes, that's right. I'm a 24 hour party person...

My excuse is: Being alone in a city where I don't speak the language is an impediment to understanding proper dress code :)

11:23 AM

 
Blogger Between daisies said...

I see those girls all the time on the train, and they are often really shy. Isn't that weird?

11:38 PM

 
Blogger Andy said...

UTR: It's odd, yeah. A friend of mine gave me the name of the characters they're playing, and told me that the sour expression on their faces is "in character".

But most Japanese girls/women seem really shy, anyway... well, to me. But my saying that is like the pot calling the kettle coloured.

10:48 AM

 
Blogger Justine said...

I thought Mt Fuji was meant to have cherry blossums in front of it?

those girls are look like dolls.
I believe what you say about them being shy - but it seems like a contradiction when they're wearing those clothes.

4:28 PM

 
Blogger Andy said...

I was a little early for cherry blossoms... by a week.

Late april is best time... and i was stupid enough to go in march.

10:21 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home