Now contains nuts.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Fry me to the moon... and let me pray among the stars...

On Saturday I fly out of Adelaide and onto Tokyo… with a few hours in Kuala Lumpur for good measure.

And let me tell you, keeping up motivation at work is a bit of a stretch.

Part of me is excited with this trip. I am embarking on a “life experience” as I’ve been told by others, and that my perception of life is basically going to go through some kind of change by the time I get back.

Another part of me is a little intimidated. I mean, I’ve been to New Zealand twice, but they all spoke Inglush (English) over there, and New Zealand is basically part of Australia - considering how we always steal their thunder and claim their successes as our own.

So, anyway… when it all boils down to it, I should stop feeling some trepidation with this trip… because I’ve paid so much money already… it’s not like I’ll have a choice.

Besides, I’ll bet that when I get back, I’ll wonder what the hell I was so worried about.

The Inane Asylum is shutting up shop for the next two or three weeks (as opposed to having basically died in the arse over the past two months). My email is in my profile if you feel the need to drop a line.

Thanks all. I’ll have photos.

Gambatte.

Kampai!

13 files below

Blogger ChickyBabe said...

Why the trepidation? If I remeber correctly you felt the same about your driving trip to Sydney and had a great time. You should be filled with excitement of your dream come true! :) At long last!

Bon voyage, Andy! Have the time of your life! :)

xx

2:48 PM

 
Blogger chica bonita said...

sayonara, mate! we will miss you over here. have a safe trip and have lots of fun with good food, shopping, sight-seeing and of course, checking out kawaii japanese chicks! o.O

*hugs*

3:36 PM

 
Blogger cadiz12 said...

have a great time! don't forget us when you get back.

5:18 PM

 
Blogger littlefaeriegirl said...

dunno if you've stopped by my place lately, but im suffering from the same trepidation, though mine is about going to paris.

have fun, relax and enjoy yourself. and bring me back something pretty, its my birthday tomorrow

6:34 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Have a safe trip and a wonderful time while you're over there, Andy.

All the best,
Mel

8:00 PM

 
Blogger Kenneth said...

have a gr8 trip and get me some gr8 pics

5:51 AM

 
Blogger Steph said...

You lucky bugger! Have a wonderful time.

12:59 PM

 
Blogger reverendtimothy said...

Bah, you know you'll have a great time! :-)

Say umm... could you bring me back some of those "adult" magazines which have the used panties included with them? Thanks! Hahaha

2:25 PM

 
Blogger Andy said...

Tim: I'll try to find the right vending machine... but you gotta repay to yen :)

Thanks all. I will being back LOTS of photos.

2:38 PM

 
Blogger jennifersando said...

Andy, enjoy yourself. And bring home lots of story opportunities too!

3:41 PM

 
Blogger iluvnyc said...

finally you're in japan!!!! :)
have a great time... and can't wait for the pix :)

2:01 AM

 
Blogger Andy said...

yeah... i'm finally here.

And this place is amazing!!! Although, i seem to be a novelty with passing school kids. Always yelling out "Hello, how are you?" and then looking at me funny when I say "good"...

It is a whole new world... but i must dash. have more of this new world to see...

11:43 AM

 
Blogger cadiz12 said...

have a great time!

5:36 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home