Now contains nuts.

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

My Ode To Your Ode

Dear relative

When you decide to take it upon yourself to write a tribute, eulogy or whatever banal thought exits your head and splashes onto paper, please take note of the following things.

We are not interested about you. We do not want to hear about how you’re suffering at the twisted hands of fate and death. We do not care how close you were with the deceased.

Equally anyone with half a brain would recognize this as the typical, flagrant campaign for attention you normally march out on, and would give you no regard whatsoever.

I would be quick to assume that you’re not weeping for the deceased, but the realization that one day, you too will die, but it would be presumptuous of me to do so.

Your piece which you so blatantly and erroneously call an “ode” did little to savor the memory of the recently passed, and subsequently was the reason I avoided speaking with you after the service.

Thank you for taking a slice out of an event which was meant for someone else, and making it a piece for you.

However, perhaps I shouldn’t be so harsh on you. For all your appearances, and for all the snobbishness you administer upon those whom do not meet your lofty and superior standards, I must realize that you are still a child.

Perhaps I didn’t know my grandmother as well as you did. Perhaps I should’ve given my own little written tribute to a wise woman.

Because for a woman who I believe deserved poetry, lyrics and words that brush a wild and vivid image like those she painted, what you offered did not do her justice.

Yours sincerely, Me



PS. Goodbye Grandma. The best tribute we all can give you is through demonstrating and believing what you’ve taught us all.

10 files below

Blogger ChickyBabe said...

My condolences for your loss, Andy. I am sure she would have been very moved by your heartfelt and lyrical words. As I am.

10:55 AM

 
Blogger chica bonita said...

i'm sorry for your loss, andy. *hugs*

1:36 PM

 
Blogger littlefaeriegirl said...

*hugs* andy

2:31 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

My condolences Andy, and I'm also sorry she did not receive the ode she deserved to receive.

4:36 PM

 
Blogger jennifersando said...

A good, heartfelt PS note and I am sure she would appreciate that belief more than anything.

4:51 PM

 
Blogger X said...

Condolences, Andrew.

*manly hug*

---X

4:38 AM

 
Blogger Kenneth said...

Heartfelt condolences, mate

6:02 AM

 
Blogger Steph said...

Oh sweetie, why are some people so bloody self absorbed?? I feel for you and send you warm thoughts and web hugs.

I'm sure your gran would be proud of the man you are.

11:52 AM

 
Blogger cadiz12 said...

sorry, andy.

6:19 PM

 
Blogger Chris said...

I believe you have, in fact, given your gran a great tribute, and you've been doing it for some time now. Keep doing what you do best, mate.

7:13 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home