Now contains nuts.

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

The Year 2005

I’ve been tagged by Steph from Much Ado About Sumthin! (link to her is on the right, and I haven’t the enthusiasm to type all that HTML… but I will type this excessively long explanation as to why I’m not putting the link in this post – which is just getting longer, and now it’s longer because I said that… and longer…).

I did have a post prepared on the infallible arguments of David Deutsch regarding silopsism, but then I thought, “Geez, who cares?”. Instead, I will embark on a meme in an effort to keep this blog ticking over, and to cover for my lack of imagination. (Oh, and Steph, I mean this in good humour)

1. What did you do in 2005 that you hadn't done before?

I lived in a year numbered 2005. I never did that before. I don’t think I’ll do it again, either. I did drive to Sydney, but that isn’t as rare as living in the year 2005.

2. Did anyone close to you give birth?

Personally, I’ve birthed the unfortunate ability to shove my foot in my mouth. As for offspring, no. My ex-sister-in-law is about to pop out the next anti-christ, but that wasn’t in the year 2005.

3. Did anyone close to you die?

I once held a soft place for my good friend “respect for the common man”, but I found out this year that it had died some time ago. Smelled a bit, too.

4. Did you travel? Where did you go? Best holiday memory?

I went to Sydney. Met some downright brilliant and charming people. Pity I couldn’t bottle them and bring them back to Adelaide. But knowing border control, they’d have to be quarantined.

5. Best thing you bought?

My ticket to Japan. Oh, and the lotto ticket that got me $25. I drank good coffee that week.

6. Where did most of your money go?

Investments. I got some cash after my house sold. Yes, I am the most boring person on the entire planet; “Oh, what did you do with your money, Andy?”, “Oh I invested it”, “What would you do if you won lottery, Andy?”, “Oh, I’d invest it”. I am a party that never stops. Ladies, call me now on 1800 BORES-A-LOT

7. What do you wish you had done more of?

Cavorting with gorgeous supermodels, driving a Ferrari Enzo, going to New York to have breakfast at Tiffany’s, and generally being a snobbish prat. But due to my never have done that before, and the unlikelihood of it happening at all, I’m going to be a disappointed boy for a few more years.

8. What do you wish you had done less of?

Moping. Drinking. Smoking (of which I am now 4 months without).

9. What kept you sane?

The cats. My family. The little red devil on my shoulder that tells me to burn things.

10. What drove you mad?

The white angel on my shoulder, telling me off for burning things. He should know that positive reinforcement works better on me.

11. What made you celebrate?

Settlement cheque for my house. Getting articles published. Having a vegemite sandwich – you gotta appreciate the small things.

12. What made you sad?

The media. Lots

13. How was your birthday this year?

Uneventful. Ladies, call me now on 1800-BORES-A-LOT.

14. What political issue stirred you the most this year?

Schapelle Corby and Michelle Leslie NUDE! NUDE pics here!!! Come and see!!!! They were good for google hits.

15. Where you in love in 2005?

Love is a state of mind induced from endorphins released when in the presence of a person… so no.

16. What would you like to have in 2006 that you didn't have this year?

An abundance of free time, and great big pile of inventive imagination. It’s what I need to achieve my New Years resolution.

17. What date from 2005 will be etched in your memory and why?

The date my ex moved out. Mainly because I need to remember that 12 months after that date is when divorce can start. However, as I will refuse to pay for it, I don’t see why I need to remember it. Okay, forget that date. Let’s go with March 26… because my birthday was memorable…

18. What song will remind you of 2005?

Like Steph, I have two. Green Day – Boulevard of Broken Dreams – not that I particularly like the song or band, but because it seemed to crop up everytime I turned on the fucking radio. Muse – Stockholm Syndrome.

19. Compared to this time last year are you happier?

Happiness is a state of mind induced from the release of endorphins when contemplating surrounds. So… yes.

20. Biggest achievement this year?

Driving to Sydney, I’d say. Not only for the achievement of travelling thousands of kilometres, but also because I didn’t see one alive kangaroo the entire way.

21. Biggest disappointment this year?

And once again, the winner is “The Media!”.

22. What is the one thing that would have made you more satisfied?

Bigger pizzas from Pizza Haven. A bachelor needs sufficient sustenence

23. Best new person you met this year?

The devil on my left shoulder. We have heaps of fun together. I can’t give details, due to an impending investigation.

24. A valuable life lesson you learnt this year?

That, no matter how hard you try, or how well meaning you are, your life will always be affected by the loud, obnoxious, yet determined fuckwits.

“The problem with the world is that the unintelligent are so certain, and the smart have doubts.” (That's paraphrasing someone else's quote...)

I will refrain from tagging people, as I’m not comfortable with it.

“No, devil! I don’t want to tag people! Leave me alone!! What? Huh…? Okay… pass the matches…”

5 files below

Blogger ChickyBabe said...

Hmm… I dunno. I just called 1800 BORES-A-LOT and got your answering service.

“Thank you for calling Andy of the Asylum. This smooth operator is currently serving other bloggers. Please stay on the line and wait for your turn. Your call is important to us.

[Boring elevator music]

We apologise for the delay. Please continue to hold and Andy will be with you shortly.

[More boring music]

Thank you for holding. Please hold. Thank you.”

[Music]

And they hung up on me! And your answering service voice was female…

4:22 PM

 
Blogger cadiz12 said...

what? respect for the common man has died? i must have missed the listing in the obituaries! the least i could have done was show up.

geez.

6:54 PM

 
Blogger jennifersando said...

And I tagged you recently too! You either haven't realised it or you're pretending it never happened... :)

11:11 PM

 
Blogger Steph said...

Funny, yet poignant. I hope 2006 is all you hope for it to be.

12:33 AM

 
Blogger Andy said...

Sorry Ladies, but my personal assistant has been sick. By the way, you've been charged 3.95 per minute.

10:42 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home