Now contains nuts.

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Just a Slacker

It’s been a while since I wrote something here.

I would love to cite reasons that are really, really exciting, like “I’ve been working for a secret undercover operation involving national security. Due to my full days of robbing people of their human rights, I cannot find a nearby computer from which to blog”

Or maybe “I’ve been painting the town red, blue, green and any other colour of the spectrum, so lock up your daughters/girlfriends cos I’m out there on the prowl, and cannot write a post”

I’d love to say that, if it weren’t for the fact that it was a filthy lie.

I’ve been scrimping and saving my pennies, like a miserly old bastard with a plethora of shoe-boxes under his bed.

Naturally, it gives me a helluva excuse if I’m ever invited to something I really don’t wish to attend:

“Yeah mate, I’d love to go your club for a round of drinks with your moron friends who eventually turn violent, inciting scuffles with some police officers, as often happens after one of them punches the bouncer after he tried to pull your mate off that girl he groped, which inevitably involves me paying for your bail… but, oh shit, that’s right… I gotta save for going to Japan.”

Actually, that above scenario was a lie - I don’t say “I’d love”.

But this newfound zest for saving has resulted in me throwing myself into work, insofar that I will stay back later, get in earlier and subsequently, impress my bosses.

Of course, this will make it either easier or more difficult when I eventually tell them that I wish to piss off overseas for a year, and can I please have 12 months leave without pay, starting next month, I’ll send you a postcard (not) okay thanks luvya bubye.

This will probably be said just as I have one foot on the plane, and am waving frantically like a drowning swimmer.

Actually, I’m lying again. I don’t say “bubye”.

Anyway, it’s not some bizarre black file mission that I’m on, nor is it my brimming social calendar that is preventing me from blogging properly…

It’s because… you know… I’m saving for Japan and all. Okay? Luvya bubye.

(Actually, truth be known… I’m just a slacker and cannot find a decent topic to write about.)

4 files below

Blogger cadiz12 said...

i know the feeling.
loveya, bubye.

3:24 PM

 
Blogger ChickyBabe said...

If one is lacking in inspiration for a topic, one should not search for it but look within, or in the mirror… For a wise man once said, “Do not paddle out to the waves to catch them, as you often bypass the swell and get caught in a rip [so] you wait for the wave to carry you.”

But failing that, what happened to your muse?

:)

3:26 PM

 
Blogger Andy said...

Cadiz: Aww... I have a sympathiser... oh, wait... you were joking/paying me out... :)

CB: My muse? She's saving money for japan, so I don't hear from her much anymore... but she loves me, and says bubye.

3:35 PM

 
Blogger Ultra Toast Mosha God said...

I have some friends whos idea of a good night out follows along similar lines.

This is why I rarely go out with them.

We stand around the dance floor in some hell hole, whilst they eye up potential mates, drink steadily, then go home open handed, aggresively muttering about 'frigid b&$&!es.'

Lovely stuff

8:20 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home