Now contains nuts.

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Hosing Out

So, I’m on a Detox diet.

Basically, this means that I have paid $50 for the privilege to swallow awful tasting tablets whilst depriving myself of the very foods and drinks that stand a chance of taking the awful aftertaste away.

And I must keep this up for five more days.

Well, I’m only doing this because my diet has been obscenely poor over the past few months, and it’s about time I started looking after myself.

How poor was it?

It was so poor, I once saw it sitting on the corner of George and Pitt Street, holding a ragged cardboard sign, begging for food money, whilst trying to sell off its Telstra 2 shares.

Anyway, the first thing anyone must do when they’re planning on restoring something to its former glory, they must do the initial nasty job.

Which in my case is: tear the bastard down, gut it and start from a fresh foundation.

So, I started this Detox diet in an effort get all these toxins out of my system. Naturally, being the coffee junkie and struggling-to-quit smoker that I am, the past few days have been akin to hell… except without the coffee and cigarettes, which I’m sure would be in plentiful supply in said plane of existence.

C’mon, I can’t imagine two of the world’s most evil items not being in hell. I’m sure the vending machines with these items are right there next to the pokies, beer vats and the pile of Tickle-Me-Elmo’s.

I feel like I’m shaking like one of those Sesame Street hellspawn toys, too. My hand kkepps jumpingg alll over the kkeyboard. I’mm sure I’mm talkingg with a sslight stutter tooo. My laugh is nowhere near as cute, though.

It’s cold. So very, very cold… maybe a nice warm coffee will snap me out of this. No!

Thanks go to any omniscient being you believe in that I’m not a tattoo artist…

Because that Chinese character you wanted tattooed on your left shoulder blade would roughly translate into “Courage, but needs coffee now! Now dammit!” But it would also be all ragged from my twitching withdrawal symptoms.

Everyone I speak to that has one of those oriental tattoos claims that it translates into “Courage”. Frankly, they all look different to me.

Where was I? I dunno.

If you need me, look for the trembling mess that’s balled up in a foetal position in the corner.

Note: This is an exaggeration of my current state. I’m not that bad. Yeah. I’m not “trembling” at all. I prefer the word “unstable”

7 files below

Blogger cadiz12 said...

britney spears got a kanji tattoo that she thought meant 'mysterious' but really means 'strange.' at least your customers' tats would be shaky but correct.

hang in there buddy. just remember that when you're all cleaned out, don't go back and poison yourself some more.

3:12 PM

 
Blogger Jenni said...

You actually start to lose appetite by the end and for a week afterwards, you feel guilty eating anything remotely near being called "junk" (even one tiny nibble of a piece of a cube of chocolate). But after that, you start to treat yourself...

So it's all bright ahead! Detox and think of all that yummy food you can eat in 2 weeks! =)

7:47 PM

 
Blogger ChickyBabe said...

My laugh is nowhere near as cute - Gald to see that the "unstable mess" hasn't detoxed its sense of humour!

7:59 PM

 
Blogger Sherri said...

Good luck with that Andy....I did a one-day detox diet and finished the day off with a half of a pizza!

9:46 PM

 
Blogger chica bonita said...

i've never been on a detox diet so i can't say anything. but really keeping away from coffee is tough, let alone ciggies.

hang on there, mate. *pats on your shoulder*

12:32 AM

 
Blogger Kenneth said...

Good luck with the Inane Asylum that is ur mind and body right now

4:20 AM

 
Blogger Andy said...

Cadiz: Britney is strange... so the tattoo is apt. :) I plan to indulge once this damn thing is over. :)

Jen: The corn chips in the cupboard are staring at me, mocking me... and so is the bottle of Moet in the fridge I bought a month ago...
I'll be celebrating once this is over, trust me.

CB: Humour is all I have, between convulsions...

Sherri: Only half a pizza? I feel like a whole one, myself...

Needoll: If you dare drink coffee or smoke in front of me, I'll hide the remotes to the TV and put sticky tape over the bottom of your comp's mouse... You've been warned. :)

Chica: The coffee and smokes thing is making me crazy. But I do feel a bit better. Less lethargic anyway.

Kenneth: It's an inSane asylum in here!!!! I want out!

12:01 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home