Now contains nuts.

Monday, July 04, 2005

Andy: The Klutz

My confident strides spoke of my mood. I was a hip, young and dynamic go-getter of Australia’s white collar fraternity.

My tie snug around my neck, my collar adequately starched, my long overcoat wavered behind me slightly as my constant footfalls declared a man of intent, not one to be fucked with. Not today.

I held my chin high; I like to look confident. My eyes peered through the dark lenses of my Tommy Hilfiger sunglasses, averting the eyes of any onlookers I caught staring at me.

My footstep was suddenly interrupted by an askew sidewalk paver. It struck the toe of my clean black leather shoes, causing my weight to shift abruptly and pitch my hips at an angle that could hardly be considered elegant, or confident.

I caught my balance before I plant my nose square on the pavement of King William Street.

I correct my stance. I stare the world directly in the face.

I so meant to do that.

I walk on.

This has been my day.

Thank you.

4 files below

Blogger cadiz12 said...

well at least the embarassing incident of the day was over before it really even started.

4:13 PM

 
Blogger chica bonita said...

at least that's not too bad. every now and then we all have one of those moments.

i rolled down the stairs at uni once, in front of two gorgeous guys. that was embarassing alright. *sigh*

4:39 PM

 
Blogger ChickyBabe said...

At least you weren't wearing high heels and landed on your knees and some guy had to pick you up...wait that was me! My knees have never been the same since.

7:57 PM

 
Blogger Andy said...

Yeah. NOne of those things worried me too much, though. :)

Because I so meant to do that... :)

3:54 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home