Now contains nuts.

Monday, July 11, 2005

Damn Cold Feet

What a wonderful feeling, but I must regale you the images in full.

I stood in front of my kitchen sink, leaning over the dishes that were tainted with the remains of bachelor food. I always did the dishes in the past, so for me to be piss-farting about with scrubbing isn’t exactly a new phenomena.

It was early in the day, so the floor was fairly cool. My being barefoot contributed to the chill.

I heard a knock at the door. I didn’t know who it could’ve been, as I wasn’t expecting company.

As I padded my way down the hallway to the front door, I could spy the shadows of the feet behind the door. They were shifting uneasily from side to side, pacing a waltz of nervousness and frustration.

I immediately become suspicious, but for some unknown reason I open the door with the gusto and fervour of someone who is agitated from being drawn away from a pressing issue.

There on the porch stood my ex-wife, tears streaked down her face, her mascara tracing her cheeks like heavy paint. As she looked at me and saw my livid face, she noticeably flinched and leant heavily on the porch to support herself. It was almost as though she was struggling to stand.

“I made a mistake” she claimed softly, her tears cracking her voice slightly, “I shouldn’t have left you like that. I was wrong to do what I did.

“Can you ever forgive what I did? We had something special before, and I want to recapture that. It was beautiful before. I want to hear my thoughts again, to be drawn and pulled forward by my heart and not my ego… I want to speak to the poet inside.”

I reached my hand out and caressed her cheek. Cradling her tiny head in my palm, her hair cascaded lightly across the back of my hand like a pulled curtain.

The sadness appeared all too obvious in her eyes. I stared deeply into their light brown colour. She closed her eyes as I leant in closer to her.

I leant in closer again, closer to her face. Intimately, I exhaled softly but determinedly into her ear:

“Fuck you.”


I wake up.

I feel wonderful inside, like I am finally cleansed of something. The only bit of discomfort I feel is the coldness in my feet… my blanket had been pulled up, and my bare feet were exposed to the crisp morning air.

I think this dream is only representative of my desires, and nothing more. Normally I hate dreaming about my ex-wife like that, though.

I hate it when my feet are cold.

6 files below

Blogger cadiz12 said...

the one time when getting cold feet isn't such a bad thing. you think you'd actually react that way if that situation played out in real life?

5:08 PM

 
Blogger ChickyBabe said...

Brilliant!! Trademark Andy to the end! It begs the question though, is this a dream you'd like to come true?

6:49 PM

 
Blogger chica bonita said...

will you have the heart to utter fuck off to someone you've once loved this much? i don't think i would no matter how much i hate that certain someone.

and yeah i hate cold feet!! whenever i have socks on, they will go missing the next morning so i couldn't be bother putting them on.

11:20 PM

 
Blogger Andy said...

I think I know that this dream won't come true, because she would never in her life admit to making a mistake. She's not coming back.

And if I would actually say that, I don't know. I think i would probably shut the door in her face.

I should get a pair of bedsocks.

8:50 AM

 
Blogger littlefaeriegirl said...

that dream was very well done, good job.
socks in bed are ok for a while but i find i usually have to take them off. same with pants. and tops unless they're tightish.

so yeah, now you know my sleeping habits, congratulations on the dream

11:59 AM

 
Blogger Andy said...

Socks in bed seems rather stifling in my mind... but i'm sure that the alternative in this weather we're seeing lately makes the stifling seem pleasant.

And lol @ Kenneth. To actually feel that retribution has been administered... absolute bliss.

1:19 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home