Now contains nuts.

Thursday, July 07, 2005

No reason. Just because...

I have just experienced the blogging equivalent of a slow news day.

Nothing much happened in the past twenty-four hours. Not much interesting has entered my head, save for what I plan on having for dinner tonight, and how the hell I’m supposed to kick around this city without a car.

That’s right. I’m car shopping at the moment.

I could outline the various cars I have in mind, especially since I have spent the past five years of my life driving a car that is somewhat “sensible”, compared to the rest of my friends who fritter about in their two-door turbo coupes, but frankly I sincerely doubt many actually care.

Besides, isn’t it just an extension of some part of my being? Yeah… that’s right, it’s an extension of my personality.

A car represents something about a man. It should be representative of his persona, whether it’s the sleek, smooth lines are indicative of his chic appearance, or if it’s the angular, off-kilter showmanship that endears himself to others.

A car should speak volumes for his approach on life, whether it’s the quiet yet efficient outlook on how he does his business a la a turbo four cylinder, or the rugged, torquey brutality of a huge donk with oct-cylinders.

Or is it a simple person, who just likes to plod along to his own beat and get from point A to B and perhaps C and D on off days.

A car is more than a simple object with which to cart your arse about. It should be a part of a man’s wardrobe, something that preaches his aura, something he can hold in high regard, and something of which he can be proud.

I am… of course… talking shit.

I buy a car because it’s fun to drive. Well… I do now. Before it used to be about practicality. After attending different motorsports, and hanging around a bunch of whacky race drivers, and being bombarded with their constant instructions to buy a sporty automobile… I must succumb.

Besides, I’ve wanted one for years anyway. Now that I’ve done the sensible thing and invested money, it’s time to spoil myself. So there.

This has been a slow day.

5 files below

Blogger ChickyBabe said...

I had a soft spot for my first car. It represented freedom for me. It was a brand new car, small, compact, red (they’re faster), and it took me everywhere! Sad day when I had to part with it and the memories.

So go on…spoil yourself. But if it is extension of Andy’s personality, it begs the question, is it a Jaguar? :D

7:44 PM

 
Blogger Sherri said...

Oh gosh.....I drive a minivan...hello!!! Need I say more? (But deep down inside I'm still a Mustang!)

So what are you going to get?

11:53 PM

 
Blogger cadiz12 said...

i cannot imagine my life without my car. i hope you get one that treats you equally as well.

12:12 AM

 
Blogger Kenneth said...

Spoil urself : hey that cud be the new ferrari tagline...why don't u get one?

1:15 AM

 
Blogger Andy said...

Kenneth: Ferrari 360 Modena... my current wallpaper. Unfortunately I lack the "personality" to get it. AU$400,000 of "personality".

Cadiz: Cars have always featured in my life as well, and have always been a marker of my freedom. Quite simply, I need one.

CB: Whilst I would love a Jaguar, particularly the coupe, I sincerely lack the "personality" for that too. Besides, all that luxury would only be wasted on me.

Sherri: Minivans are good for what they're meant to do. :) But I will probably be getting a Nissan 180SX, which I think were badged as 240SX's in the states. Coupe, pop-up headlights... go like the clappers, especially with the two litre turbo model.

{/testosterone]

7:46 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home