Now contains nuts.

Thursday, June 02, 2005

The Radiant Paradox

Last night was quite, quite odd.

Many things happened that, when I look back at it, was actually quite full-on, but I didn’t seem phased even in the slightest.

I headed out to one of the local raceways to view one of my clients racing his drift car around. He recently came back from Japan, and he brought someone with him.

A little Japanese bloke by the name of Kazuya “Chunky” Bai, one of Japan’s most talented and lauded drift racers.

Despite having seen him on numerous DVD’s, surveyed his ability, and watched it first hand, all I felt whilst trying to communicate with him was of relative nonchalance. Not the euphoria of meeting what some would consider an “idol”.

It probably didn’t help that my brain was racking itself, casting back to the Japanese lessons I had, and wondering why the fuck I didn’t pay more attention.

I even went for a ride in one of the drift cars. Even travelling at 120 kph in a sideways direction left me feeling relatively, “meh”. Oh don’t get me wrong, I was still shitting myself, but once emerging from the cabin, I didn’t feel the bite, the undying desire to get behind the wheel myself and make an arse of myself.

Yes, I can do that anytime, and without a car… but that’s so not the point.

As opposed to that depressing vitriol I vomited out the other day, my mood seems to have balanced.

I move out of my house on Saturday, and therefore I can finally move on with my life. I don’t have to tolerate intolerable people. If I feel like doing something; like travelling, staying out until the small hours, buying my own death machine (ie car)… I can.

But then I feel as though there’s more. It’s like a haze of tranquillity that finally seems to be settling over me. The friends I spend time with, the clients (although few) I write for, the dull nine-to-fiver I trudge through every day… even the intangible people I don’t know personally…

I feel I’m needed. For whatever reason… it doesn’t matter. It’s weird, in a way, because to feel needed, but then only feel accountable to yourself seems at odds. In fact… it is at odds, and I’m really going insane. But don’t tell anyone, okay?

I have read, re-read and brushed over the posts from the past few months, and I’ve noticed a really, really… really, weird pattern of mood swings, emotional outbursts, laughter and good times, and I think I can form a pretty good conclusions as to what’s going on with me.

I must be pregnant.

Disclaimer: No, I am not claiming that I know what it is like to be pregnant. No, this mere male is not trying to steal the sacred female period of blissful gestation. No, I realise that I simply cannot even hope to comprehend even the slightest piece of the paradoxical radiant turmoil that constitutes being pregnant. Please don’t bother to point that out to me.

9 files below

Blogger X said...

I must be pregnant.

It happened in a Schwarzenegger movie. It's possible.

---X

2:15 PM

 
Blogger K said...

Good disclaimer.

4:19 PM

 
Blogger Jenni said...

Congratulations.

It's a shemale.

7:18 PM

 
Blogger ChickyBabe said...

The tranquillity you feel is shining through your radiant words. Enjoy your newfound freedom and the feeling of being needed. It’s what makes us feel alive. And I don’t think you’re pregnant, I think you have the brilliant gift of expressing a range of your emotions through the magic of words.

But if you are pregnant, we want to know how. Or is that the subject of the next post? :)

7:44 PM

 
Blogger Sherri said...

What are you going to name the baby? :)

10:21 PM

 
Blogger cadiz12 said...

i love how you troubleshoot the comments ahead of time, andy.

you're not pregnant; you're just alive. nevertheless, should i start knitting some booties?

8:36 AM

 
Blogger Andy said...

That's it... I've been discovered. I'm really a chick masquerading as a man. I hate how i've deceived you all *sniff*.

I just hated getting hit on all the time, so I've been faking this blog since last year.

To make this blog more accurate, in any instance you see the word "wife", please exhange it for the words "pet rock". Oh and I don't look like Freddie Prinze Jnr... I'm more like Buffy...

[/sarcasm]

9:09 AM

 
Blogger Andy said...

Oh... and the baby will be called "Heygetoverherestopdrawingonthewall"

Or "Stoppit" for short

I'm sure that's what I'll be saying the most often.

9:11 AM

 
Blogger Andy said...

Specific reply time:

4S: It is an empowering feeling, one that's like you can't be brought down.

X: That movie was crap... but personally, I like "conventional" methods of putting the bun in the oven...

Krystle: Thanks, I like to cover all bases.

Jen: Thanks. I'm glowing. Ooh.. I felt it kick. Oh wait... that's my indigestion.

CB: You see... when a mummy and daddy love each other very much...

And thank you :)

Sherri: I covered that above :)

Cadiz: You're probably right about the "alive" thing... however, I personally would love some booties to slide across my wood floors... size 10 US. Thanks. :)

Andy: You're lying

Andy: You're not funny

Andy: Oh wait... that's me...

10:24 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home