Now contains nuts.

Thursday, May 26, 2005

And Its Beauty Stares Back

Friends. Nope, not that sitcom that went out with a predictable fizz rather than a shocking bang.

To be honest, I really should be thankful for some things.

Most of the topics I post here are related to a conversation I hold with friends, or some other event that a friend had a hand in.

Last night, I had a candid and frank discussion with a friend. I never knew how good this friend was until this conversation, and it shames me to admit that.

It was most surreal, even if it was assisted by fermented grapes in a glass. The kinship I felt was almost to the level of a sibling I’ve never had.

Their strength, their ego and their soul was being presented to me, and for a second, I felt empowered.

For this person to be honest, even though they were as subtle as the gentle brush of a feather, it is something that shouldn’t be taken for granted. That this person shared their innermost feelings, their dreams, their hopes and their personal worries displayed a trust in me that was spell binding.

In my experience, this is hard to come by these days.

This friend shared with me something that seemed – to me – as most sacred, and it was something that they didn’t need to share with anyone.

For a single moment in time, I could see their soul, in a hue of an honest blue aura, staring me intently in the eyes. I was awestruck, I was moved, I was touched as I held their trust in my hands. Cradling it and admiring it, all I could do was stare right back at it blankly.

Because it was beautiful.

To me, it is people like this who are inspirational.

2 files below

Blogger Kenneth said...

Nicley written....ya friends can make us can make the present day worthwhile

3:04 AM

 
Blogger ChickyBabe said...

Wow! Another heartfelt and moving post. Special friendships are indeed rare treasures. Having someone confide in you is one of the greatest gifts in life. By the depth of the emotions in your words, I’d say this is one of those cases, where it has strengthened an existing bond. I’m inclined to say, take it personally, because obviously this person wanted you to experience this gift.

Oh, and you must have quite a special friendship with this person. Don’t ever let it go :).

7:18 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home