Now contains nuts.

Friday, June 03, 2005

Farewells

Today is the final day I have in the house.

I can approach this in one of two ways. One side, I can lament having to abandon something that I worked so very hard on, and on the other side, I can make light of the situation and get the hell on with life.

Let’s see how it goes.


My old humble abode


One thing that has struck me is how things seem to be mocking me.

When I owned the house, I spent ages digging around in the backyard to make it presentable, but it never really came to fruition. The plants would struggle to grow, due to the reactive soil. I tried treating the ground, fertilizing etc. but I simply deduced that my green thumb had been amputated.

But since the house was sold, the garden started to bloom. Even the things that weren’t native to Australia.

I toiled over the backyard pond, trying all sorts of treatments to get the murkiness out of the water. I couldn’t even see the fish at one point, such was my disgrace.

But since the house was sold, the pond has cleared up. It is now crystal clear.

My toilet had this annoying habit of continuing to flow after flushing. You would have to depress the button on top again to stop the water from simply flowing through (I haven’t described that all too well, but it’s not really important).

But since the house was sold, the thing started working properly.

It’s just amazing how these things just seemed to fix themselves… right after I didn’t own them anymore. The pessimistic would think that somehow they were responsible for these things, and that anything that they were responsible for always breaks…

But I like to think that it’s a coincidence.

The increased rainfall due to winter has watered the plants properly, the wintry sky has reduced the amount of sunshine that hits the surface, therefore not promoting the growth of algae, and the colder temperatures have caused materials in the toilet to contract and function properly.

But the real kicker is relating to the fuckwits over the street that have been holding recovery parties at 4am during the week. They have woken me up numerous times over the past three months, since they first moved in.

I would’ve loved to have called the cops, or to have walked over there and asked them to stop... but… you know… the whole idea of walking up to giant men with no neck doesn’t appeal. You know… the cowardice thing.

However, last night I get a notice in the mail, and I paraphrase:

“This notice is regarding numerous complaints of the noise from a property in your area. We would like to inform you that the tenants in the property located at [address] have been notified that they cannot play loud music between the hours of 10.00pm and 6.00am.

If the noises from this property continue during these times, we encourage residents to contact the local police on [number], and assistance will be provided.”

Yours sincerely

Some policebloke


You’re three months too late, fuckhead…


See ya...

8 files below

Blogger jazz said...

everything happens for a reason...

10:49 AM

 
Blogger Andy said...

True. Only one direction I can go...

Forward.

THanks :)

11:25 AM

 
Blogger cadiz12 said...

exactly. it could feel your pain and that's why nothing was working properly.

4:41 PM

 
Blogger ChickyBabe said...

Positive signs point towards a healthy new beginning. You new life awaits you, you’re in control and it’s waiting for you to embrace it. Enjoy!

As much as I enjoy reading your posts, I loved the summation with the lily and the black and white photograph. It said it all. Very poignant.

6:10 PM

 
Blogger princess_nathra said...

you must have happen to 4get the "s"..dont think to much bout it...

6:14 PM

 
Blogger Sherri said...

Best of luck Andy. Like you said before, you have to just let go.

Maybe things working in your house are a coincidence, maybe not. You put so much of yourself in that house, maybe it knew you weren't happy (I know....weird, house is like a person talk here....bear with me) and now that you are letting go and moving on, it can too. Or maybe it is just the weather and the cold.

Either way, you have a great opportunity for what can be one of the most exciting times of your life. Go for it, Andy. I'll be thinking of you. :)

8:11 PM

 
Blogger littlefaeriegirl said...

good luck andy
xx

8:57 PM

 
Blogger Andy said...

thanks everyone for your comments. Needless to say, I've now moved, and am living amongst skyscapers of cardboard, with pieces of paper blowing around like pedestrians on sidewalks...

ugh... these new surroundings are dicking with my analogies!

8:27 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home