Now contains nuts.

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

I… Just Don’t Know - Part 1.

Over the space of your life, you constantly have questions hurled at you like a ball being hurled at you at 255 kays an hour from the automated, ball hurling, Question Machine 255.

And you try to swing at all these questions… most of the time.

Sometimes they’re probably better left to go through to the keeper/catcher/ballboy/net/automated ball catching, Question Machine 255 (please circle the sport that most resembles your national pastime, as appropriate).

In other words, just admit that you don’t fucking know, and deal with it later… if you get the opportunity… natch… unless the question is, should I stop driving on the wrong side of the road? In that case, you’d better start complying with local road laws. Trust me.

So, in the spirit of this post, here is a list of things that I don’t know:

  • Whether I should apply for this job in Japan right now.

  • Whether I should have sushi or leftover marinated chicken for dinner tonight.

  • Whether or not your crush is interested in you, or if they’re simply enjoying the whole dicking-with-your-head thing (this doesn’t apply to anyone specifically – but if you planned on asking me, you now know my response).

  • What I exactly want from K… or from any woman for that matter.

  • Whether investing in the pessimistic Australian stock market is a top idea.

  • Whether you should buy that house on the coast.

  • Whether spending more than AU$100 on your significant other is a good idea.

  • Whether that’s a pimple or a boil. What am I, a doctor? (for every situation in life, there is a Simpson’s quote to go with it)

  • Why, that for every situation in life, there’s a Simpson’s quote to go with it.

  • What you should do this weekend.

  • How on earth you’re going to pay all those bills.

  • How on earth I’m going to pay all these bills.

  • What men and women want in a relationship.

  • The appeal of the whole Speed-Dating thing especially when the term McSleaze is much more apt.

  • Whether brain capacity and neck length are somehow related.

  • Whether brain capacity and arm length are related.

  • Why people would want to try to lick their elbows.

  • If you would like the movie “Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind” over “xXx 2”.

  • Whether a nice shiraz is better than a rich cabernet when eating a scotch fillet.

  • Why I never look good in photos.

  • Why I just added that item on.

  • Who killed Laura Palmer (and don’t fucking tell me, either!).

  • The difference between an ale and a lager. I don’t care, as long as they get me drunk.

  • Why Lindsay Lohan is so popular.

  • Why I feel compelled to "help" complete strangers.

  • Why I think that my blog is the best forum for these thoughts.


  • I think that this might be an ongoing series…

    11 files below

    Blogger chica bonita said...

    Whether I should apply for this job in Japan right now - i thought you really do wanna go to japan. having second thought now?

    Whether I should have sushi or leftover marinated chicken for dinner tonight - leftover marinated chicken. or both. hehe

    What I exactly want from K… or from any woman for that matter - same here apart from the fact it wasn't K and women in my case, ahh i hate relationship limbo!

    Whether spending more than AU$100 on your significant other is a good idea - i always think it is! but then again, it depends how much you value materialism so yeah, i am a bit biased.

    How on earth you’re going to pay all those bills - i'm gonna die die die!! my rent is gonna be due next week and i'm contemplating between asking dad (there goes my dignity and my so-called proving-to-him-i-am-an-independant-girl) or fork out from my own pocket (no ferragamo flats for me in this case)

    How on earth I’m going to pay all these bills - don't bother paying, just run away and go into hiding! or you can always ask your dad like i do. maybe not. but seriously, it depends what kind of bills you're talking about. i know credit card bills can be paid by installment.

    What men and women want in a relationship - respect, money, sex, love (of course this is yours truly biased point-of-view once again)

    Why people would want to try to lick their elbows - because they're told they won't be able to do so

    Why I never look good in photos - do you not? ;-)

    Why Lindsay Lohan is so popular - she is *still* better than delta goodrem

    3:06 PM

     
    Blogger Andy said...

    I'm not so much hesitant about actually going to Japan. Moreso concerned about the timing. I could apply now, and I think I'd be alright with it... but the place I'm moving to might have a problem...

    K... well, I'd like the companionship, but... Of course, there's the question of what she wants... and I don't know that, either.

    Bills are just a pain right now. Once that damn cheque comes in, then I'll be set.

    What people want in a relationship is so volatile. If someone asks me this question, I'm answering "I don't know, you figure it out"

    Let me rephrase the photo one. I've never liked the way I appear in photos.

    Er... meh. Lindsay and Delta are about equal. I despise them both equally. Still better than that Bec Cartwright chick. (For our non Australian readership, Delta is a local lass who had a bout with Hodgkin's disease, and as a result is the media darling down here. Just google her name and read all about it. Bec Cartwright is banging our tennis player, Lleyton Hewitt)

    7:21 PM

     
    Blogger jazz said...

    Whether a nice shiraz is better than a rich cabernet when eating a scotch fillet.

    you need something that can stand up to the protein but not cut apart the richness. try a full bodied California zin...

    10:08 PM

     
    Blogger chica bonita said...

    omg omg!!!

    i was about to strangle you when i saw the two words that triggered my insanity:

    bec cartwright.

    then i re-read your sentence and i couldn't agree more. she and delta are top on my most-hated list. people like them make jennifer hawkins seems like an angel.

    12:23 AM

     
    Blogger Kenneth said...

    Hey Andy,
    First of all, thanx for the comment. The comment river seems to be dryin up recently, which made me think that the whole blog idea was worthless for me and i should continue just writing for the website that im a columnist on.

    We have similar interests and favorite movies(except im not judgemental).....its kinda ironical and redundant for me, that ur not a girl.

    "DONT ASK ME?" r my favorite words too, especially wen some ppl think ur a solver of problems and this terrific answer giver.

    Take care man.
    Kenneth.

    4:14 AM

     
    Blogger X said...

    The Goodrem came over here and tried to release a single with her boyfriend, the "rough-looking" one from Westlife. It was really quite a sad thing to see.

    I can see how she'd be bigger than Lohan where you are, seeing as she's Australian and everything, but she just doesn't hold the same credibility over here in the UK.

    She should have just stayed in Neighbours. Speaking of Neighbours, it should just go away. It's run its course. Dammit. We don't need any more actors turning into singers.

    *cough* Stefan Dennis *cough*

    ---X

    8:17 AM

     
    Blogger Andy said...

    Jasmine: Trust the New Yorker to answer that question ;) Thanks. Unfortunately we only get local product down here (ie Barossa and Hunter Valleys… best in the world, apparently), but I’d be curious about a Californian wine. The most exotic we get is from New Zealand… Ugh… listen to me.

    Kenneth: No problem, dude. The post I commented on was amusing :) Alas I am not a chick. So sorry to disappoint. I just think that blogging is good to keep the writing skills up a bit so that they don’t get dulled. That’s what I use it for, anyway. Some days yield crap writing, but other days yield good stuff…

    X: She’s bigger, alright. Anything Delta croons works it’s way up the chart, despite it being rubbish. Didn’t she get boo-ed at one performance in the UK? Or Ireland…? Oh look… I doubt you care. :)

    Just be thankful you don’t get Home and Away… or do you? If you do… top yourself, now. Don’t know Stefan Dennis, though…

    Ugh. Pop culture. I hate it so much, but for some reason, I know a bit about it. *Shoots self*

    Chica: good to know we agree on certain things… like stranglable c-grade celebrities. :)

    10:04 AM

     
    Blogger ChickyBabe said...

    Whether a nice shiraz is better than a rich cabernet when eating a scotch fillet. – Spoil yourself and try a French Bordeaux.

    Why I never look good in photos. – A smile and better lighting would help :). In fact, I know a good photographer...

    Why, that for every situation in life, there’s a Simpson’s quote to go with it – Blame Channel 10. I can’t get “Lisa it’s your birthday…” song out of my head!

    8:46 PM

     
    Blogger Andy said...

    Chicky: your photographer only takes landscape shots, and silhouettes in the sand.

    Last time I checked, I didn't need wide angle lense... :P

    11:15 PM

     
    Blogger ChickyBabe said...

    My photographer only posts landscapes but loves taking portraits and people shots, and tries to get the best out of them.

    9:25 PM

     
    Blogger Andy said...

    And how much does this photographer charge? Also, there's the whole problem of 3000 kilometres. Does she have a huge zoom lense? :P

    10:22 PM

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home