Now contains nuts.

Saturday, April 09, 2005

Courting at Arms Length

It is currently 4pm, and as a result I herald in the 33rd hour that I have spent wide awake. Well, I'm wide awake enough to type in my blog, but perhaps not awake enough to string together a sentence of coherencevdzzvjflbzdf....

As I needed to get up early today, I went out last night with an intention of coming home early. Around 4am I realised that it wasn't going to happen, and thought that I should truck on through as much as I could.

This lapse in ability to perceive time as a constant occurance, and that blocks of time simply don't stand still because you're talking to someone interesting, I blame the newest addition to my life, she is named K...

For lessons in how to be totally attracted to someone, but still manage to keep them at arms length, please note the following conversations (unedited):

Conversation 1
Me: So what if someone was to give you a compliment, how would you react?

K: Simply thank them.

Me: Okay, so you wouldn't take it on board, and constantly seek this kind of compliment again and again?

K: Would you? You know, you're really quite attractive.

Me: Same you.

*awkward pause*

Conversation 2
Me: If I play any worse at pool, I'm gonna have to do a lap of the table with my strides down. No one wants to see that.

K: Speak for yourself

Me: I will, but know that I have very mainstream tastes.

K: LOL

*awkward pause*

Conversation 3
K: You know, you're really easy to get along with.

Me: Thanks. Yeah, you too.

K: Thank you.

*pause*

Me: You know, one of us is going to have to make the first move some time.

K: I know.

*pause*

Me: Why does it always have to be the male?

K: *thinks* Not always.

*long pause*

Conversation 4
Me: Did you want to walk home from here?

K: Yeah. You wanna come along?

Me: I've spent the last 12 hours chatting you up. What do you think?

K: True.

And this kinda of dialogue featured constantly throughout the night and morning. It was the most weirdest of events in where two regular people bascially admitted in full face of the other person of their mutual attraction. Yet, we didn't kiss, pash nor in any other way grope each other. Well, we had a brief embrace. In retrospect it's a bit cute that our actions are playing things slower than our brains. Normally it's the other way around.

However, it is also somewhat sad.

If only I hadn't smoked about 10 billion cigarettes that night, and probably had the breath of a large raccoon who had been foraging for scraps in a sulphur plant. That would've been good.

9 files below

Blogger ChickyBabe said...

I think it's sweet and it makes that attraction last longer and stronger.

And yes, somehow I picked you for a smoker. Unbelievable!

5:03 PM

 
Blogger Andy said...

I guess it's cute. Either way, I won't see or speak to her until next weekend. She needs to focus on uni, apparently.

And I should really quit. I'm resembling someone else too much.

36 hours of being awake. I haven't done this since I was 21.

6:55 PM

 
Blogger chica bonita said...

cute!!! :-)

this is deja vu but your line sounded *almost* like S on our first few dates, cept that I never realized we're going out on a date, because smart woman thought it's normal a guy compliment her - my mates do it all the time.

you shouldn't be worried about the smoking part unless she doesn't. me and S kisses in between our puff. oh, a light kiss on the cheek or forehead is always sweet.

7:42 PM

 
Blogger Andy said...

I don't know how we got onto the topic, but somehow the subject of compliments came up. BUt she did it first, mainly because I said that compliments are good, BUT it's better that the individual feel good from within them first.

... and it went from there.

She's not a smoker, but she doesn't object to it. However, I should quit...

7:53 PM

 
Blogger chica bonita said...

sweet. remember to update us on K the next time you see her again!

btw, don't you need to sleep?

8:44 PM

 
Blogger Andy said...

No, it's not that. We just stayed up all night, that I figured that there was no point in sleeping. Particularly because the house needed to be cleaned prior to the auction today.

If I went to bed, I would've woken up 20 minutes before auction - not nearly enough time to clean up.

I seem to have gotten another wind now... and it's 9pm locally.

8:55 PM

 
Blogger ChickyBabe said...

Yes, I think you should quit. For your health rather than for someone else. My two cents :-).

9:49 PM

 
Blogger chica bonita said...

chicky is right, quit for your health! but then again, i'm not in the right position to say that coz i picked up smoking again *sigh*

10:13 PM

 
Blogger Andy said...

My smoking has been a coping mechanism triggered by past events not worth worrying about now. I am trying to quit for my own health reasons, as my fitness level has dropped substantially.

However, to have added incentive helps... ;)

But I'm getting ahead of myself. I'll see how this week goes.

12:43 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home