Now contains nuts.

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Best Position? Over or Under?

In my last post, I outlined my mania for hoarding away useless crap, and never revisit them. I think a lot of people these days simply don’t hang onto things, both literally and figuratively.

Possibly because everything these days seem to be designed to break, fail or die. Or all three…

Just ask Ikea, or Microsoft.

With my specious reasoning, I could put this down to most people these days simply wanting to “live in the moment” and that to reminisce on the past is somehow to be holding back and not moving forward.

Just ask the moron in this post.

Whilst these people are right to a degree in that we shouldn’t hold onto certain things, and that we should simply “get over it” and move on, it seems to be congruent with their inability to look at themselves when something goes wrong.

Just ask any of Big Brother’s contestants.

But how much should we hold onto the past? A lot of people would cite the “once bitten, twice shy” adage, but I really don’t adhere to that rule. But the past does have an influence on who we are, what our ideals are and what we believe in.

Just ask any of history’s greatest criminals.

However, to harbour the past and use it as a prime motivator in the choices we make, and the decisions we take does seem… stupid… for lack of a better word.

I should ask Websters.

Once again, I may have stumbled onto another one of those fine lines that people must tread in order to be perceived as a well-balanced human being.

I hate that my life and my perceptions of life seem to be a side-act in Cirque du Soleil. This existence would be so much better if I could simply embrace a FIG JAM mentality.

Fuck I’m Good, Just Ask Me.

5 files below

Blogger ChickyBabe said...

I've been staring at this post for ages. Totally speechless, re-reading parts of it over and over again. I'm just going to say for now, yes, you're bloody good! To be continued...

8:31 PM

 
Blogger jazz said...

agree with chickybabe. it's a lot to take in. i think it may be brilliant but i'm going to re-read it again in a bit.

2:09 AM

 
Blogger Sherri said...

I think you have to use your past experiences as a basis for how you handle new situations, HOWEVER, if you miss out on new situations solely because of your past....

then you are just missing out.

Make any sense there?

3:40 AM

 
Blogger Andy said...

CB and Jazz: "Just because no one understands [me], it doesn't make [me] an artist". I can't remember who said that... I've re-read the post myself, and whilst I don't think I could've written it any better, I do realise that there are some tenuous links in there. It's a bit hotch-potch.

Sherri: That makes perfect sense, and is a new facet of what I was trying to put across in my post... but other things crept in somehow. It's a sign of a wayward mind, I think.

9:18 AM

 
Blogger ChickyBabe said...

No, it's not the hotch potch. As a blog post, it's sheer brilliance and the links flow smoothly. It's smart, it's witty, it's in your face, it's Andy. (Hey, I like that line!)

It's the underlying meaning behind it that is deep, and that's why it's difficult to respond accordingly.

8:22 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home