Now contains nuts.

Thursday, January 13, 2005

Winds of change

This is the first entry of the new year, and I can't exactly claim that the 2005 is being approached with the same fervour in which I greeted 2004.

It's going to be a very different year.

Throughout periods of change, the view of the world suddenly goes askew, and things start to take a different meaning; words to songs suddenly become relevant to you, little ethereal signs are sighted, and emotions are mostly out of your control.

Over the festive period, a chapter closed. A new one opens soon. It is an uncertain time in where I accept change but forging ahead on an entirely new path is both exciting and intimidating at the same time. To leave behind a life of familiarity, routine and solace is disturbing, but liberating.

I am sure that I will look back upon this closed chapter many times over the course of my life, and I will smile with great fondness. If I will feel this way in a couple months time remains to be seen, but in this moment of numbness, uncertainty and directionless waffling, I feel that I shouldn't look upon the closure with much disdain or sorrow.

It was a beautiful chapter that ended a little unexpectedly. The ending doesn't sum up how good it really was, and as a whole it should be called a good phase of my life.

0 files below

Post a Comment

<< Home