Now contains nuts.

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Acceptance... to a degree

When suffering a loss of any kind, it is far too easy to slip into the realm of sorrow, melancholy and angst. It is even easier to do this whilst listening to the lyrics of Live, Lightning Crashes wailing endlessly in your ear.

I’d like to think that I’ve avoided this territory somewhat, although I do find that in moments of weakness I resort to some depression or some wild blame-storming. But to do this is ultimately pointless as nothing is resolved by shouting angrily at something that won’t hear your cries, nor appears to care deeply about your inner torment. I don’t think that the smiling face of news presenters that are being beamed into my living room via TV could care less that my life is being forced in a direction unknown, and should thus stop being scorned by me.

Which is why fishing around for someone to help is equally as pointless, due to the fact that some form of reliance upon others breeds dependency, and ultimately an empty life.

My life is now mine. This new path I tread, whilst twisting, unsure and lined with the trees of risk, is in my control alone, and it is up to me to not go backwards.

Why I’m blogging this… dunno. Feels good to write it down, though.

0 files below

Post a Comment

<< Home